Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    QUICK CARD RELATED QUIZ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QUICK CARD RELATED QUIZ
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Which actor as appeared on the most DIFFERENT film and TV project trading cards ? (not how many sets, how many different projects pictured) see if you can get it or even if no reply, I'll put answer up tomorrow Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In the interest of guessing, which I'm not going to get right anyway, I think you have to clarify your parameters.

By different projects, do you mean different titles? Like a Star Trek actor with 20 different Star Trek cards, would only count as one. Or would he count as 20?

Also appeared on project trading cards? What do you mean? Just having a base card? Or do you mean autograph and/or relic cards?

I think you mean pictured on any card, in any single title, counted only as one time. Correct?

I don't think anyone will get that, unless its been published some place. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, great question. . . I have no idea. Leonard Nimoy?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let's see - - -

Do you mean they actually have to be on the cards, or just be in projects that had card sets? Cause if it's the latter, it's probably Stan Lee, for all his cameos.

I'm going to interpret your rules as: A "project" is a stand-alone movie, or a tv series, that has scenes pictured on NS cards. And the actor in question has to be on the cards. (I'm guessing that all the things I list below, the actor does actually appear on the cards, but I don't have them to check. So I could be wrong.)

Harrison Ford -
Star Wars
ESB
ROJ
Force Awakens

Raiders of the Lost Ark
IJ and the Temple of Doom
IJ and the Last Crusade
IJ and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Ender's Game

Shatner -

7 ST movies
Natl Lampoon Loaded Weapon

ST TOS
Outer Limits
Twilight Zone
Six Million Dollar Man

If voice over work counts, add ST: Animated

Anthony Daniels
10 diff SW movies

voice work:
Clone Wars animated series
Lego Star Wars
SW Rebels

Other possibles:

Andy Serkis has 3 LOTR movies, 1 Hobbit, 2 SW, 1 King Kong, Avengers Age of Ultron, Black Panther

Depending on how many of Mark Hamill's VO roles made it to cards, he would be a contender.

Nimoy has ST properties, plus Fringe, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits

Warwick Davis has 6 SW movies, all 7 HP movies. His character "Porridge" appears in the Topps Dr. Who Alien Attax game cards.

Christopher Lloyd has Eight Men Out, ST 3, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Back to the Future 2, Addams Family

Tim Curry has Rocky Horror, Home Alone 2, Congo, Loaded Weapon, 3 Musketeers, The Shadow, plus assorted VO work

So I'm gonna go with Warwick Davis.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well Samuel L. Jackson is credited with the most money making movies. He's done Jurassic, Marvel, The Spirit, Star Wars, etc., so I'll go with him.

But I still don't understand the rules. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
In the interest of guessing, which I'm not going to get right anyway, I think you have to clarify your parameters.

By different projects, do you mean different titles? Like a Star Trek actor with 20 different Star Trek cards, would only count as one. Or would he count as 20?

Also appeared on project trading cards? What do you mean? Just having a base card? Or do you mean autograph and/or relic cards?

I think you mean pictured on any card, in any single title, counted only as one time. Correct?

I don't think anyone will get that, unless its been published some place. Wink
Yes, doesn't matter how many sets that are released of Star Trek (original series) it counts as one, and by project I mean the actor project, which means there may be only one image of that film/TV in a complete set, and lets just say it's my answer and not an official published answer.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes it has to be an on card appearance.

Pop century type cards don't count or if they threw a first pitch at a baseball game Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
By the way, he's not been mentioned yet.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
By the way, he's not been mentioned yet.

So now we can eliminate any females. Big Grin

Watch, this is going to be someone who is not a big star, but does a lot of work. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming a character actor with a long career. I'll say Shane Rimmer, who recently passed away.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Robert Patrick?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Christopher Lee (just a quick ebay search)

LOTR
STAR WARS
JAMES BOND
GREMLINS 2
BRITISH HORROR
HAMMER HORROR
MASTERS OF HORROR (promotional)
CHARLIE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
SPACE 1999
WICKER MAN

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
mykdude, that's the answer Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
281 Films and Shows......he loved his craft. Smile

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
OK, Lee is a great choice with a fabulously long career, but going by your rules of different projects, why wouldn't all Hammer Draculas and the British Horror Collection be lumped together, the Hobbit and LotR lumped together and anything Star Wars lumped together?

Then his 26 becomes 15. Still probably wins anyway. Big Grin I didn't even know about some of those sets, so that's the advantages of being in the UK. Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I get what you mean but this is how I saw it, every image is a different movie (and 2 TV shows) even if the set is the same it is unusual for one person to have that many, I'm sure there are more, I couldn't find a Mummy card, there are 2 LOTR/Hobbit I couldn't find, he is a character in Corpse Bride (voice) there is a set of that but I couldn't find it and darn he's in The Golden Compass but doesn't appear on a card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
there are 2 LOTR/Hobbit I couldn't find

He doesn't appear in the second Hobbit movie.

The other LOTR one has an autograph card, which should be easy to find.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013) I see he isn't credited so he's not in, but the other LOTR was the one he was cut out for time and only appears in extended version so I should have found and included it.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
He has an autograph card for FOTR and RTOK.