Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    QUICK CARD RELATED QUIZ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QUICK CARD RELATED QUIZ
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christopher Lee also appeared as Sherlock Holmes and was featured in a card set on Sherlock Holmes issued by JF Sporting Collectibles here in the UK. I don't have the set but I did manage to find an image online as below:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This 1972 Spanish card is probably from a movie, but I wouldn't know what.

Posts: 2199 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
This 1972 Spanish card is probably from a movie, but I wouldn't know what.

I found a similar card of him as Dracula. Didn't quite understand the rules of the question when I saw it.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
He has an autograph card for FOTR and RTOK.

He does. And so do I Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder who has the most autograph cards for different franchises.

If we went with individual cards, that's easy, it's a three-horse race between Matt Zimmerman, David Graham, and Shane Rimmer.

But if you do things like count all the Thunderbirds sets as one franchise... I reckon James Frain has got to be up there.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Was a bit surprised when the attempts to create non sport rookie card status didn't take off.

(i.e. Star Wars #1 1977 Mark Hamill rookie card)

Of course if it followed the sports model, every card of the first year would receive rookie card status.

We could really convolute this thing if we wanted to. Wink

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Was a bit surprised when the attempts to create non sport rookie card status didn't take off. Wink

Don't think you can do that, because then you would simply be designating whole sets, as you just said.

You could do it with autograph cards based on the individual celebrity signer. In that case their rookie autograph or autographs might appear in a titled product or in something more generic like Pop Century. Then you could also break it down to on-card rookie and sticker rookie autograph. Big Grin

But the main reason that this will never happen is because, in sports cards, the whole appeal of having rookie cards is so that they carry an additional premium over layer year cards. Autograph cards are priced individually as it is and no one is going to pay extra because its their first signed card released. From a standpoint of having the data though, I wouldn't mind seeing it stated.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
From a standpoint of having the data though, I wouldn't mind seeing it stated.

How cool would that be? A data base of every card at least back to say 1950 with a photo.

Having populated my autograph card data base of 1200 or so with front and back pictures I can only imagine the incredible undertaking this would be. Jeff Allender might be in the ball park minus images.

But yeah, I remember awhile back ebay sales would try and list non-sports cards with a rookie description. I thought it was interesting but didn't really want to participate. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And the fact that Lee had more movie credits than anybody else was a Jeopardy clue Friday.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
And the fact that Lee had more movie credits than anybody else was a Jeopardy clue Friday.

The Jeopardy question writers must be card collectors. They got it here. Big Grin

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post