Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    does anyone else think South Park is overdue a new card set?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does anyone else think South Park is overdue a new card set?
 Login/Join

posted
Long running show,tons of quotes,sketch cards galore and at least 2 autograph cards.bring it on i say. Big Grin

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My first reaction was........is south park still going? I thought it finished years ago.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
My first reaction was........is south park still going? I thought it finished years ago.

Gonna keep going till at least 2016.it started in 1997.god i feel old! Frown

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There is no in-between with South Park, you either love it and can quote from episodes or you wouldn't watch it to save your life.

I couldn't care less about a new South Park card set, so guess which one I am. Big Grin

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of sthomas
posted Hide Post
Comic Images did a set with SP's first season episodes in 1998. I wonder, though, if Parker and Stone would even be interested in licensing a new issue.

Posts: 92 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: February 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I've never seen an episode.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a new South Park set - especially if there was sketch cards.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've seen South Park a few times, it can be very funny - I've laughed out loud at many episodes. That said, I wouldn't want to see a card set. The art is terrible, and anyone could do the sketchcards.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong when I say this, so please don't jump on me. Smile I was aware of the fact that she show is still on, but to me, it's one of these shows that you don't hear about as much as you used to, that it was very popular 10-15 years ago, but perhaps not as much as it was in the 1990s. Am I wrong ?

Sort of like The Simpsons, which was much more popular years ago. These days, you don't even see that much Simpsons merchandise on the store shelves. Kids under 10 probably don't even know who the Simpsons are.

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems like a fantastic license for one of the small press companies. I'd love to see a small set in a premium pack format -- if the sketches were good (like Family Guy) and they could get Trey and Matt to sign I think it would sell very well.

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
It seems like a fantastic license for one of the small press companies. I'd love to see a small set in a premium pack format -- if the sketches were good (like Family Guy) and they could get Trey and Matt to sign I think it would sell very well.

Jon
Don't forget South Park is an all CGI production and has been for some time, so sketches might not be so great really Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Jon
Don't forget South Park is an all CGI production and has been for some time, so sketches might not be so great really Big Grin

I'm not really sure how the medium of the TV show is relevant. . . the Family Guy sketches were fantastic because they captured the humor of the TV show. . .

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post