Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Help Identifying SDCC Postcard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Identifying SDCC Postcard
 Login/Join

Picture of Char_Baby
posted
Basically, bought this off ebay for about £3.

It was described as a postcard and signed by Andrew Lincoln.

Received it today, looks nothing like a postcard with nothing on the back and is clearly just a print. The image is actually pixelated pretty bad and clearly isn't a 'pen to paper' auto. Definetely isn't card either, more like photo paper.

Does anybody know what the original looks like? With the back aswell.
Any help would be appreciated Smile

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Interesting

I've never seen that image or "print" before. Maybe there was a Walking Dead signing last year (or the year before of course) and that's what was supplied for them to sign for the guests.

But if it's not a pen to paper signature then it's a facsimile and I'd have to wonder about the authentication of it it's even an actual SDCC item. Just because a logo is on it doesn't mean it is (look at all the Twilight "fan" cards)

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Its very pixelated and flimsy material.

The person I bought it off, bought it off someone else who said it was the original. Which I highly doubt. Had a good search for previous sdcc items and can't find any like the above.

Definetly don't think its genuine. Glad I didn't pay a lot!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kind of funny how the horse is actually sitting. Big Grin

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Kind of funny how the horse is actually sitting. Big Grin

I agree! The picture is very funny!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I believe that the same picture does appear in the Walking Dead set, not on a base card, but on one of the chase cards for candid set photos. I don't have the card in front of me, but as I remember it the image is either exactly the same of pretty darn close. Andrew Lincoln doesn't have an autograph card in the set, at least not so far, so it would be funny if he signed at Comic Con when he didn't for the licensed product.

I don't mean he didn't sign this postcard, I have no idea. I just wish they had included his certified autograph card in the set.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The photo was used in the die-cut Behind the Scenes set.

To me, this "postcard" looks like an unauthorized homemade card. It looks similar to a lot of others that are available. I suspect the SDCC was put there merely to make it seem a little more legit.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think this is not legit, seeing as no one reported one who attended Comic Con.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
The photo was used in the die-cut Behind the Scenes set.

To me, this "postcard" looks like an unauthorized homemade card. It looks similar to a lot of others that are available. I suspect the SDCC was put there merely to make it seem a little more legit.

Yeah thats what I thought to be honest!

I've got the one thats the chase card so have seen the pic before. Dunno what to do with the 'postcard' now. Get rid?

Not a fan of things that aren't official.

Thanks for your input by the way guys Smile

posted Hide Post
Wow I am not home so I can't be 100% sure, but I believe that the signature was taken from my website. I will double check with the actual photo later on today. Here is a link to the image on my site.

http://ohthestuffoflegend.word...2/24/andrew-lincoln/

Flipping back and forth they look pretty similar. Does anyone else think so? My picture is hand signed and not an AP.

@Char_Baby if you would, could you please email me with the sellers ID, I would like to see if anymore of my pictures are up there.****edit nevermind I found the item in the completed auctions****

I guess I have to take the time to put watermarks on all my pictures. I am not looking forward to that. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: michele,

Posts: 100 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty identical to me!

Can't believe someone would make many out of this. Think I know where i'll be putting mine now!

Got the details you were looking for?

Hope you find no more like this Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michele:
Wow I am not home so I can't be 100% sure, but I believe that the signature was taken from my website. I will double check with the actual photo later on today. Here is a link to the image on my site.

Flipping back and forth they look pretty similar. Does anyone else think so? My picture is hand signed and not an AP.

@Char_Baby if you would, could you please email me with the sellers ID, I would like to see if anymore of my pictures are up there.****edit nevermind I found the item in the completed auctions****

I guess I have to take the time to put watermarks on all my pictures. I am not looking forward to that. Frown

On the bright side, if it's an image from your site and the dealer is still selling them, wouldn't that make you the copyright holder, thus giving you the ability to have the auctions removed?

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by michele:

On the bright side, if it's an image from your site and the dealer is still selling them, wouldn't that make you the copyright holder, thus giving you the ability to have the auctions removed?

True, but he or she was smart and only had a copyrighted photo from TWD pictured in the auction.

I haven't had the time but tonight I plan on sending the seller a message. I took a look at the seller's auctions and didn't see anything else that was odd.

Posts: 100 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
@Michele if the seller is 'coughlin' with numbers at the end, she sold it to me however she bought it from someone else who stated it was original. She then got another one thinking it was original and kept one.

I have messaged her to tell her its a fake and shown her your proof. She can't find the original seller as it now says they are no longer a member. So it wasn't her fault if thats the username you have. She gave me a full refund for it as she doesn't like selling non-genuine goods. Bit horrible on her side, as the other one she bought, she framed and paid quite a fair bit for.