Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Very strange pull from an old box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very strange pull from an old box
 Login/Join

posted
opened some boxes of wcw and pulled a Chris Benoit Auto card.for those who dont know who he is.he killed his wife and child a few years ago then killed himself.horrible pull!! Frown

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Creepy

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great pull to me, maybe it's just me.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some might be interested in obtaining that .. hint hint Wavey

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickSam:
some might be interested in obtaining that .. hint hint Wavey

Well i sure dont want to keep it,like Chris Cline said "creepy".dont really want it in my house to be honest.could be cursed or just unlucky to own??

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Well i sure dont want to keep it,like Chris Cline said "creepy".dont really want it in my house to be honest.could be cursed or just unlucky to own??

I don't think an autograph can be cursed, anymore than it can be lucky, but if it bothers you that much just toss it out. I'm sure its worth something to some collectors, so you can also just trade or make a cheap deal to get rid of it fast.

I have a rule about autographs of deceased signers. If I didn't want the signature when he/she was alive, I don't need it now. And truly horrible deaths are not a selling point. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't really call it creepy, the guy was on steroids and meds. Ended up mixing them and it caused him to do crazy stuff.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
The Canadian Crippler was one of my favorite wrestlers. Loved his intensity and the series of rolling suplexes he'd perform. Yes, his end was terrible, but I'd have loved to have owned the card before those events unfolded so I'd still be happy to own the card.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
The Canadian Crippler was one of my favorite wrestlers. Loved his intensity and the series of rolling suplexes he'd perform. Yes, his end was terrible, but I'd have loved to have owned the card before those events unfolded so I'd still be happy to own the card.

The last few hours of his life must of been like Hell?.god only knows what was going through towards the end?i did read somewhere that he had the brain of an 80 year old alzheimer's sufferer??very strange case indeed.alot of unanswered questions? Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
A really great wrestler I would be honoured to own it what do you want for it mark send me an e mail john

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
markdennett, are you a wrestling fan? I'm a wrestling fan and if I can get a Benoit auto card I will consider it a great pull. WWE technically erased the guy and many of his merchandise from market.

PD
It is so sad what the news indicated that he did to his family. RIP Chris Benoit.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes i am a wrestling fan.i collect wcw topps auto cards.you are the 4th person to show interest!!no one has a clue what its worth.make me an offer and ill consider it?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Its been awhile but the last time I looked at his autos his wwe chrome auto was 80.00+ and Id say the one from this set is easily worth more than the chrome.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Its been awhile but the last time I looked at his autos his wwe chrome auto was 80.00+ and Id say the one from this set is easily worth more than the chrome.

After doing a bit of research.the value of the card is anywhere between $150-$300 so ive been told to put a reserve of $200 on it and it should attract a few bids!!i hope?

I definitely dont want it in my collection.i would consider swapping it for either a WCW Bret Hart,Randy Savage,Hulk Hogan,Eddie Guerrero,Curt Hennig,Miss elizabeth or Sting.those are the ones i want the most!!If i do sell it.the sale should cover one of the above at least!the one i want the most is a Bret Hart.Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,