Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Very strange pull from an old box

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7837060016

September 21, 2011, 04:33 PM
markdennett
Very strange pull from an old box
opened some boxes of wcw and pulled a Chris Benoit Auto card.for those who dont know who he is.he killed his wife and child a few years ago then killed himself.horrible pull!! Frown
September 21, 2011, 04:39 PM
Chris Cline
Creepy

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
September 21, 2011, 04:45 PM
wolfie
Sounds like a great pull to me, maybe it's just me.

September 21, 2011, 04:51 PM
RickSam
some might be interested in obtaining that .. hint hint Wavey
September 21, 2011, 04:58 PM
markdennett
quote:
Originally posted by RickSam:
some might be interested in obtaining that .. hint hint Wavey

Well i sure dont want to keep it,like Chris Cline said "creepy".dont really want it in my house to be honest.could be cursed or just unlucky to own??
September 21, 2011, 07:29 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Well i sure dont want to keep it,like Chris Cline said "creepy".dont really want it in my house to be honest.could be cursed or just unlucky to own??

I don't think an autograph can be cursed, anymore than it can be lucky, but if it bothers you that much just toss it out. I'm sure its worth something to some collectors, so you can also just trade or make a cheap deal to get rid of it fast.

I have a rule about autographs of deceased signers. If I didn't want the signature when he/she was alive, I don't need it now. And truly horrible deaths are not a selling point. Wink
September 21, 2011, 07:34 PM
AlexC
I wouldn't really call it creepy, the guy was on steroids and meds. Ended up mixing them and it caused him to do crazy stuff.
September 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
Arvin Sloane
The Canadian Crippler was one of my favorite wrestlers. Loved his intensity and the series of rolling suplexes he'd perform. Yes, his end was terrible, but I'd have loved to have owned the card before those events unfolded so I'd still be happy to own the card.
September 22, 2011, 06:37 AM
markdennett
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
The Canadian Crippler was one of my favorite wrestlers. Loved his intensity and the series of rolling suplexes he'd perform. Yes, his end was terrible, but I'd have loved to have owned the card before those events unfolded so I'd still be happy to own the card.

The last few hours of his life must of been like Hell?.god only knows what was going through towards the end?i did read somewhere that he had the brain of an 80 year old alzheimer's sufferer??very strange case indeed.alot of unanswered questions? Shake Head
September 22, 2011, 08:41 AM
john the hat
A really great wrestler I would be honoured to own it what do you want for it mark send me an e mail john

September 24, 2011, 01:37 AM
kane1
markdennett, are you a wrestling fan? I'm a wrestling fan and if I can get a Benoit auto card I will consider it a great pull. WWE technically erased the guy and many of his merchandise from market.

PD
It is so sad what the news indicated that he did to his family. RIP Chris Benoit.
September 24, 2011, 06:20 AM
markdennett
Yes i am a wrestling fan.i collect wcw topps auto cards.you are the 4th person to show interest!!no one has a clue what its worth.make me an offer and ill consider it?
September 29, 2011, 03:51 AM
HIM
Its been awhile but the last time I looked at his autos his wwe chrome auto was 80.00+ and Id say the one from this set is easily worth more than the chrome.

September 29, 2011, 04:48 AM
markdennett
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Its been awhile but the last time I looked at his autos his wwe chrome auto was 80.00+ and Id say the one from this set is easily worth more than the chrome.

After doing a bit of research.the value of the card is anywhere between $150-$300 so ive been told to put a reserve of $200 on it and it should attract a few bids!!i hope?

I definitely dont want it in my collection.i would consider swapping it for either a WCW Bret Hart,Randy Savage,Hulk Hogan,Eddie Guerrero,Curt Hennig,Miss elizabeth or Sting.those are the ones i want the most!!If i do sell it.the sale should cover one of the above at least!the one i want the most is a Bret Hart.Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markdennett,