Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set is this promo for
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set is this promo for
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Have a TOPPS Promo Card

Front says - Lord of the Rings Masterpieces

Back says - The Art of the Lord of the Rings - P2 (In stores October)

Cant find it listed for this or any of the LOTR sets on Jeff Allneder's Site. Set does have P1 and un-numbered promos listed

Any help would be appreciated

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I've got the same card. According to NSU's Price Guide the set was released in 2006. I don't collect LOTR cards because I just can't afford to do them and Buffy and Star Trek and James Bond and Marvel and and and ..., sorry, got carried away for a moment. So that's all the information I can give you.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi AWR:

Is it the card that is show on this page:

NSU Back Issue Vol. 17, No. 5

The P2 card at the bottom of the page?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Yes Harris, that is the card

Just looking to verify its from the Lord Of the Rings Masterpieces Set. Not listed in Jeff Allenders Site or any other checklist site

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I recall that LOTR Masterpieces promos P1 and P2 have the same image on the card front

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Text on the back is different.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oddly, the P2 seems to want to ignore the presence of sketch cards, which many would say was the main attraction of the set at 2:box.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post