Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Q&A With Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Hi CardTalk Community!
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting really excited for our trip to PA! In anticipation of getting to see some of our favorite collectors, I thought it would be nice to reach out to everyone, as not every collector gets the chance to talk to us in person at the show.
On that note, we're going to do another Q&A, in which community members can post their questions here, and then we'll answer them on Cryptozoic blog!
I'll compile your questions, and make sure that the most informed person internally (whether it's George for art, Scott for general bidnez, Rachel for production, Kurt for sales, or myself), and get the answers up next Tuesday on our site.
So, what would you like to know?

Miranda Anderson

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off Im a huge fan of your company. The way that you take care of your customers and the fact that your company seems to actually care about the collectibility of your sets is refreshing. Most companies will crank the presses to sell more and water down the product. Im happy with a quality yet more limited product, rather then having a bunch of garbage inserted to make more product. Now to the questions.

Are there any plans for cards with multiple autographs?

Are there any new tv show sets in the works?

Thank you for the great job you guys are doing and keep it up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bengalhawks,

Posts: 14 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Miranda! Wave

I'd love to hear all about Cryptozoic's (I'm hoping) plans for Supernatural Trading Cards?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Any plans for the Memorabilia show here in the UK? Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
First off, Thanks for taking the time to talk with us! Met Kurt last year at Philly. Unfortunately, I just finished a 1500 mile drive to Corpus Christi, TX with my son, so another 2200 mile round trip trek to Allentown is not in the cards right now.
I have purchase The Guild, several Boxes of Smallville Season 7-10, and was late on Big Bag but got a set and a good friend is working on Fringe. All this info leads to my question. Is it the cost to make the cards the reason they are super thin? I know that the price point per pack is trying to stay low (thank you for that) but I found that opening the packs that you have to be extra careful not to damage the cards.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question to Cryptozoic would be..

What steps do Cryptozoic take to 100% authenticate their hand signed cast autograph cards ?

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just one question...Would you redeem a DC 52 redemption card from the UK?

Just thought of another. Will you have any P1 promos for DC 52 at the show?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Smile

Given your successful relationship with AMC, ny plans for a Breaking Bad set..? Pretty please. With sugar on top...

Big Grin

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious as how you determine if a missing card is truely missing. I didn't get a sketch in a case of TWDS1 but can't prove it. Damaged cards I can see but not missing.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
Hello Smile

Given your successful relationship with AMC, ny plans for a Breaking Bad set..? Pretty please. With sugar on top...

Big Grin

This was actually going to be my question as well.

Also, any news if Walking Dead Season 2 will have a redemption, and if so any hints as to what it will be?

Thanks for taking the time to answer our geeky questions!! lol.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'd love to hear some more info about which licenses and products you will be selling through distributors in Australia.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Miranda,

My first two questions are about your monthly No Purchase Necessary contests (1:11 odds).

1) Do you give away a complete set of autographs and costume cards for every release each month?

2) OR does the number of cards given away depend on the number of enteries?

My final question is about your promos.

3) You had a promo card exchanges at the Pop Art Con, will there ever be a mail-in promo card exchange?

Thanks,
Bond

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Miranda-

I am curious as to why DC52 didn't (or at least doesn't) appear to have printing plate cards either for redemption or in the packs. I was curious as to why this would be since essentially it would be a "free" insert/chase.

Also, would it be possible for future sets to provide an artist signature lookup? Some of the artists signatures are indecipherable. It ultimately would be cool to have a contact sheet (thumbnails) for each sketch in the set by artist. Not only would this allow someone to identify an artist who didn't sign a card, but it would allow everyone to see the cards that might not ever come to market.

Keep up the good work!

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Looks like your questions are answered....

Trading Card Q&A With The Card Talk Community

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Harris, would never have seen it otherwise.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
No problem. I'm very honored that they are answering our forum members this way.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Thanks for the link Harris, would never have seen it otherwise.

Ditto. Thanks!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good responces! I'd like to see this as a regular feature every quarter or so.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Miranda for taking the time to answer all of our questions!!

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post