Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    INKWORKS UNRELEASED AUTOGRAPH REDEMPTION CARDS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INKWORKS UNRELEASED AUTOGRAPH REDEMPTION CARDS
 Login/Join

posted
HI, I COLLECT CARDS FROM BUFFY, ANGEL ROSWELL, SMALLVILLE.CHARMED AND DARK ANGEL. PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY INKWORKS UNRELEASED AUTOGRAPH AND PIECEWORK CARDS THERE ARE TO COLLECT. THANKS. LEE.

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: April 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, the so called unreleased cards were part of inkworks liquidation and razor slapped a seal on what had not been distributed at the time.

I doubt there would be a definitive list as the only difference between a released or unreleased card is what was left of the same cards at the Inkworks offices that weren't released in boxes.

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

what was left of the same cards at the Inkworks offices.

Oh so there's thousands of them then. Mad

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

what was left of the same cards at the Inkworks offices.

Oh so there's thousands of them then. Mad

Hahaha! Yeah, probably.

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were redemption cards in packs that were marked but the unreleased versions were not marked and there was at least one instance in which the unreleased version had a slightly different back like the Catwoman AR-1. In fact there were two unreleased versions of that card: the unmarked version of the one with 6 names listed that went in packs; the version that was going to be marked and inserted which has 7 names listed that didn't get into packs. Inkworks was trying to get Halle Berry to sign for the set so her name was on that redemption card, but when it became clear she was not signing, the 6-name AR-1 redemption card without her name was printed and used and the 7-name version was never officially used. The latter appeared on the market only after the company went out of business.

I've wondered how many there are as well as how many unsigned autograph cards there are. Sellers are still trying to get tens of dollars for cards that realistically might sell for around $10-15. Yes, they are rare but not even all the people who avidly collected the set chase minor variations.

Jess

quote:
If I remember correctly, the so called unreleased cards were part of inkworks liquidation and razor slapped a seal on what had not been distributed at the time.

I doubt there would be a definitive list as the only difference between a released or unreleased card is what was left of the same cards at the Inkworks offices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember that the Sopranos set had several unreleased cards

Check Jeff Allender's website for those.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unreleased Autograph Card (may show up in aftermarket)

A-RI Robert Iler as Anthony Soprano

Unsigned Autograph Cards (may show up in aftermarket)

We aren't sure whether these were intended for a Season 2 set, or
if Inkworks was never able to reach contract agreements with the
actors. The cards showed up as part of the liquidation of Inkworks
assets.

A-PB Peter Bogdonavich as Dr. Elliot Kupferberg
A-LB Lorraine Bracco as Dr. Jennifer Mefli
A-DD Drea de Matteo as Adriana La Cerva
A-EF Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano
A-JG James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano
A-DG Dan Grimaldi as Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi
A-RL Robert Loggia as Michele "Feech" La Manna
A-VP Vincent Pastore as "Big *****" Bonpenseiro
A-SS Steven R. Schirripa as Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri
A-TS Tony Sirico as Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri
A-MV Maureen Van Zandt as Gabriella Dante
A-SV Steven Van Zandt as Silvio Dante

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Unreleased Autograph Card (may show up in aftermarket)

A-RI Robert Iler as Anthony Soprano

Unsigned Autograph Cards (may show up in aftermarket)

We aren't sure whether these were intended for a Season 2 set, or
if Inkworks was never able to reach contract agreements with the
actors. The cards showed up as part of the liquidation of Inkworks
assets.

A-PB Peter Bogdonavich as Dr. Elliot Kupferberg
A-LB Lorraine Bracco as Dr. Jennifer Mefli
A-DD Drea de Matteo as Adriana La Cerva
A-EF Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano
A-JG James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano
A-DG Dan Grimaldi as Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi
A-RL Robert Loggia as Michele "Feech" La Manna
A-VP Vincent Pastore as "Big *****" Bonpenseiro
A-SS Steven R. Schirripa as Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri
A-TS Tony Sirico as Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri
A-MV Maureen Van Zandt as Gabriella Dante
A-SV Steven Van Zandt as Silvio Dante

Yeah I remember these, always thought it would be cool to get some of those signed. Saw some for Dexter as well.

I'm thinking the original question is discussing more the signed cards with razor stickers that say unreleased even though the card was released in a set.

Were the unsigned cards sealed by razor as well?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought his question was about cards which Inkworks never formally released, which later surfaced.

Catwoman by Inkworks had an unsigned Halle Berry auto.

Spiderwick Chronicles was cancelled, but there was an unreleased promo (not the one which actually came in NSU) and some cards produced for the DVDs in the UK, which later showed up on ebay.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's how I understood the question as well.

quote:
I thought his question was about cards which Inkworks never formally released, which later surfaced.

Spiderwick Chronicles was cancelled, but there was an unreleased promo (not the one which actually came in NSU) and some cards produced for the DVDs in the UK, which later showed up on ebay.

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
That's how I understood the question as well.

quote:

I didn't answer because I was stumped by the question too. I thought with the title that it might be referring to the Redemption Cards themselves, which some people like to collect, or for cards that were supposed to be redeemed, but were never actually released. Most of The Spirit autographs wound up with Razor because they were all redemptions and it was at the tail end of Inkworks.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alias has an unreleased (blank) Tarantino autograph card also.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are quiet a few I have a list somewere it is just another list for something else with ones that I have seen on my searches ticked off on it I will try and pull it up .
May 16 there was a Jennifer Garner season 2 sold for $75.51 with no signature .
As for the Redemption cards it was hit and miss wether they were inserted in the packs or the actual card be it signature or pieceworks was inserted.Thus there are a lot of redemption cards around ,redeemed and unredeemed , some of them having high prices on them EG Lost 2 Redemption cards for this season have a price of over a $1000.00 on them
Wether they are that rare is a moot point.
The UK seller that seems to have most of the Inkworks cards seems to be all the time pulling out un released items not all of them Signature or redemption and auctioning them ,they dont pull great prices but in saying that they are also not cheap

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Haha! Maybe LeeJones 77 can return and clarify the question. I was pretty much basing my response to the part about autograph and piecework's cards. Don't think there are any unpieced piecework cards. Wink

posted Hide Post
HI, ITS LEE JONES. THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. I AM NEW TO THIS SO STILL FINDING MY FEET. I AM LOOKING FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL THE INKWORKS UNRELEASED AUTOGRAPH AND PIECEWORK REDEMPTION CARDS FROM THE BUFFY, ANGEL, ROSWELL, SMALLVILLE, CHARMED CARD SETS. ALSO THE DARK ANGEL SET FROM THE COMPANY TOPPS. THANKS. LEE.

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: April 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So its' a little hard when you are new to a place to know what you should do and I always learn when I do it. Here are a few suggestions to get your question answered.

1 Don't write in all CAPS. It is considered shouting.

2 Don't make multiple threads on the same topic. You have started a second thread on this, but you are already getting responses here. You should delete the other one.

3 Make your post as clear as possible. I still don't understand your question, but I think you are asking for a list of all Inkworks' Redemption cards. Cards that needed redemptions are not unreleased cards. They were released, just not into the boxes. So if you buy old sealed Inkworks boxes you will find only the redemptions. But the original card almost always was released, except for cases where the signer never returned them or the company was gone before many were redeemed. Hope that makes sense for you and if that's what you want, the Redemption list, then you should clarify that question without the "unreleased" part.

Hope that helps. I don't have any of lists, but I'm sure someone else on here does. Smile

And as an added note, if you don't know about Jeff Allender's House of Checklists, Google it and look up the sets you want. I believe he notes all redemption cards in with the sets. It's a great resource for card collectors. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like I said new to these forums and not really sure how they work as was directed to them by a friend.. thanks for all the advice

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not think that there will be a huge list as there were only a few selected cards with Redemptions attached (this is only about the sets you listed )If you have a redemption card for a set being it Autograph or Pieceworks the odds will be you have the card for the set there are some with two cards needing a Redemption card.
Most Auto and Pieceworks cards in those sets were at a insertion rate of approx 1 per box
Just Type in redemption cards in your search box and there are approx 200 listings that will come up
Also as said before Jeff Allenders House of Checklists will give you most of the info you want
I think that the UK seller that has the Inkworks cards Says unissued if the card is not marked or been redeemed .
I dont think that i can put their site name up on this forum but I can E Mail it too you if you want

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think any collectors actually know how many unsigned / unreleased autograph cards exist.

There hasn't been any sort of a comprehensive list that I have seen.

Posts: 5415 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To, Piko. Thanks for the response. Please can you send me an email of the website you mentioned in your last message to me. My email address is leeajones81@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks. Lee.