Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    TOPPS Star Wars Vintage Cards - Learn something new every day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOPPS Star Wars Vintage Cards - Learn something new every day
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Saw on another site that for the TOPPS Vintage Star Wars cards, there are actually 2 versions of all base cards

"The cards have either one star or two stars on the front before the copyright info at the bottom , it indicated the sheet the card came from in the print run . there exists full sets of cards and stickers for each series , blue ,red,yellow,green and orange in both star types"

Looks like I will be spending the weekend going through my sets, and then figuring out the best way to find and collect the one or two star cards I need, and also figuring out how I am going to store all the additional cards

At least this will give me something more to look for at the next Philly Show

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I allways thought those stars indicated a picture puzzle piece or a text card.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
They exist for Star Trek too. They seem to relate to the printing sheet. Someone I know of has actively tried to complete the Trek set but hasn't yet found them all.
I have some handwritten notes from the production of the Topps 76 set and it shows how the cards were to be laid out on the sheet. It's penciled in that sheet A is * and sheet B is **.
I have not yet persued this for my own collection, though it's tempting with this down time in trek releases. Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post