Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Going backwards and buying older cards to make sets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going backwards and buying older cards to make sets?
 Login/Join

posted
Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, but does it make sense? I see previously released products that I like, and feel the urge to buy boxes and possibly make sets.
The problem is sometimes the boxes are hard to find and even when I do, the prices are higher than the release date's. Also finding the binders are not easy either and again the price is usually higher.
I have no problems hunting down autos and costumes. I'm also interested in the new stuff coming out and will be buying them too.
Is this too much to take on? I feel that if I do this I would be spending massive amounts of money. Or is it better to concentrate only on the new releases?

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
My suggestion would be start collecting what you want most, new or old. Just remember that you don't have to rush and buy it all straight away.
That's what I'm doing.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
What she said.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they are most of the time,cheaper aswell and easier to find!!older cards are the best!!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I'm going to try to get some older sets done. Hopefully they won't be too expensive.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah collect what you like.

A lot of older sets should be cheap since they won't have autos or costume/prop cards.

If you liked the TV show Roswell you may want to give Inkworks Season 1 release a shot. Pretty cheap to put together as all the autos are <$30 (including Appleby). There are only 6 autos in addition to the base and standard insert sets.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I'm not sure what older sets you are interested in, but you don't need to buy boxes to get most non-sport base sets made after 1980. I'm talking about the small sets for movies and TV shows. They are just sitting around collecting dust in many hobby and comic stores. Look around online, you should find quite a few to be very cheap.

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post