Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted
I can't find any Thor cards here in little Rhody {Rhode Island USA}. I've been hearing that Target is selling retail packs, but I've been to the two here in Warwick and one in northern RI and I haven't seen any. I even checked in 3 Walmarts, and a Kmart....still nothing. And to the best of my knowledge there's no brick and mortar non sport trading card stores here in RI. Not even our hobby stores carry cards anymore. Some comic book place carry cards, but only DD cards.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Although UD has changed its distribution policy, I believe that the Thor cards were sold prior to the switch in which customers UD deems are authorized to carry their products.

So, although you may be finding it hard to buy Thor, it shouldn't be because of the distribution. Perhaps places in your area just didn't think enough of the title to stock it.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freddy,
Just got a set of Thor plus 2 insert sets for a low price. Check ebay... they are around but seem to be limited.

Posts: 35 | Location: Stoughton, MA, USA | Registered: July 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
The Target at the Warwick Mall had 1 box of Thor cards but the costume pack had been pulled already. I haven't seen them anywhere else though.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgf351:
The Target at the Warwick Mall had 1 box of Thor cards but the costume pack had been pulled already. I haven't seen them anywhere else though.

Oh my God. There's another Rhode Islander in here. Holly shat.

As for the Target at the Mall...I was there last week and didn't see the Thor cards. I must have missed them by a day or so ?

And may I ask how you know that the "costume pack" was already pulled from the box ? Did you score it ? Or does the pack say "costume pack" on it and it wasn't in their ?

Good hunting and feel free to contact me. Maybe we can trade some cards, share some stories, car pool to some local shows, etc ?

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
And may I ask how you know that the "costume pack" was already pulled from the box ? Did you score it ? Or does the pack say "costume pack" on it and it wasn't in their ?
Fred

The Thor costume cards are so thick that they are very easy to finger in packs. I gave a friendly warning to folks in the other thread to avoid open Thor boxes unless you just want base cards.

However you could still pull a sketch card or have very long odds on getting an autograph. Those cards are not so obvious to find, but sealed boxes are your best bet here.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Frankie B Washington
posted Hide Post
Freddy, I'm in the South Coast of Massachusetts and my wife was able to snag some of the Thor cards at a Target near me, So they're definitely out there. I wish you luck in finding them Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: usa | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Here in Northern Mass (Southern N.H.), area, Thor card boxes are hard to find. I have friends on the lookout for the retail $1.99 packs. Newbury Comics stores have the Hobby packs for $3.99 @.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Freddy;

I'm having a hard time here in Central (Killeen) Texas finding the Thor cards too.
As for the Memorabilia card, you'll finf it's the only card in the pack, because it's thick.

I live outside of Fort Hood and go to the PX at lest once a month. I picked up the last 8 packs they had & I also got 10 pack out of Wal Mart. I got the Sif Memorabilia card, 5 Comic Covers cards, 7 Sketch Cards & 47 Base cards. Keep hunting, that's the joy of collecting.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if the retail version of the THOR cards have different inserts then the Hobby boxes?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Retail has on box and wrappers : Autographed cards 1:2500; Memorabilia Cards 1:48. On the box ($1.99 per each pack, priced for pack only. Do not sell as full box)), has: Look for pieces of costumes used in the actual movie. I always got 15 out of 16 packs in the box, 5 cards per pack.(Guess someone felt the packs and got the special 1). Wrapper has Thor with his helmet on.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I saw them at all of my local Targets before the movie opened. Now that it's playing, only one Target still has them.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
I saw them at all of my local Targets before the movie opened. Now that it's playing, only one Target still has them.

I commented weeks ago, when the cards first started showing up in Target, that it was too early, that they would all be gone before the movie hit. I guess it didn't matter for UD because the product still sold well.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How do you know it sold well?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
How do you know it sold well?

Because they are sold out at Target? Roll Eyes

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Found some at a local Target, bought 10 packs and got no special chase cards. There were 2 boxes opened ($1.99 a pack), and looked like someone had a good time going thru the boxes as there were only thin packs left.

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because they are sold out at Target?

Just because a local Target didn't have any is not an indication that they are "selling well". I saw very little of this product in Allentown, and not a lot of Beginnings, either. If non-sports dealers are not stocking this, who is? Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have a master set and it's a very nice set. Could have more autos but overall a nice Marvel card set. Strange since the movie go well.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree, it's a nice set, I have an auto and several sketches, but I avoided buying boxes as 4 costume cards would be a bummer, and a lot of boxes have just that. A few more autos and sketches would have really helped, like the ratio of hits from Iron Man 2. There's a lot of risk with these boxes, same with Beginnings, easliy corrected for future releases, but UD needs to listen to what people want, and stop with this silly distribution system.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
Because they are sold out at Target?

Just because a local Target didn't have any is not an indication that they are "selling well". I saw very little of this product in Allentown, and not a lot of Beginnings, either. If non-sports dealers are not stocking this, who is? Confused

Okay, but who said anything about them not having any? The 3 Target stores near me got Thor boxes in the middle of April. Within the first week they were gone. Chances are, most Targets received theirs at the same time. And, chances are, if you didn't visit your Target in that week, you didn't even know they had come and gone.