Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry C.:
Hi Freddy;

I picked up the last 8 packs they had & I also got 10 pack out of Wal Mart. I got the Sif Memorabilia card, 5 Comic Covers cards, 7 Sketch Cards & 47 Base cards. Keep hunting, that's the joy of collecting.

You got 7 sketch cards out of 8 hobby and 10 retail packs? You DESTROYED the odds!!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry C.:
Hi Freddy;

I picked up the last 8 packs they had & I also got 10 pack out of Wal Mart. I got the Sif Memorabilia card, 5 Comic Covers cards, 7 Sketch Cards & 47 Base cards. Keep hunting, that's the joy of collecting.

You got 7 sketch cards out of 8 hobby and 10 retail packs? You DESTROYED the odds!!!

Sketch cards = Concept Cards?

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
My local Target and Walmart sell Thor.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hi Arvin,

Concept Cards are an insert depict Thor illustration in various pause during the creation of Thor look and feel like images use for a storyboard.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

Hi Arvin,

Concept Cards are an insert depict Thor illustration in various pause during the creation of Thor look and feel like images use for a storyboard.

Yep, I know what the Concept Cards are. I was suggesting that Larry was calling these sketches, as he says he got 7 in 18 packs. I think I got 7 sketches in my whole case.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree, it's a nice set, I have an auto and several sketches, but I avoided buying boxes as 4 costume cards would be a bummer, and a lot of boxes have just that. A few more autos and sketches would have really helped, like the ratio of hits from Iron Man 2. There's a lot of risk with these boxes, same with Beginnings, easliy corrected for future releases, but UD needs to listen to what people want, and stop with this silly distribution system.

Thor is not part of the new distribution, it was I believe UD's last release before it went into effect, so we haven't seen the fun yet.

As for corrections in future releases, there are no corrections, this is UD's model for the Marvel films since Iron Man 2. Premium inserts are mainly costume cards, sketches of comic characters that are mostly not from the film, and a short list of autograph signers at very long odds.

Now UD will keep this model as long as the cases sell out to the authorized distributors, and the distributors will buy as long as they can sell out to the collectors. Until someone loses money this set composition will be the standard.

Although I thought the Thor cards were generally well done, I look for the autograph cards and at one per case this model is not good for me.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm aware that Thor was not part of the new distribution system, I am talking about current products. As far as change, if these products aren't selling, and I don't think they are, they will have to change something, won't they? That's just common sense.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I'm aware that Thor was not part of the new distribution system, I am talking about current products. As far as change, if these products aren't selling, and I don't think they are, they will have to change something, won't they? That's just common sense.

I was talking solely about retail selling well. And the odds there were much MUCH worse than hobby.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since Thor was released only last month I would consider it a current product, and I have no idea how well it is selling as hobby boxes or at retail. Some members seem to have had trouble finding it, but you could take that a number of different ways. I have heard nothing to say one way or the other that UD is under pressure to switch from this set model, and as far as the new distribution system is concerned, its just getting started.

Don't get me wrong, I happen to agree with you Batman. As I said, a product with one autograph card per case is not for me, and this tracking of bar codes and telling people what they MUST do with boxes that they already paid for, while cutting out solid dealers in the process is just plain silly. However its UD's new business plan, so don't expect any common sense changes in the short term. For better or worse they are too invested in rolling this out.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post