Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Planet of the Apes movie Auto Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Planet of the Apes movie Auto Question
 Login/Join

Picture of Craig
posted
Hi all-

I recently picked up a David Warner auto from a very reliable ebay seller, but when the card arrived it looked a little fishy. The finish is dull, like a color xerox, and doesn't match the surfaces of the other autos I have from the set, which are all nice and glossy.

I know it's possible Topps added Warner to the line up late and had to print this card differently than the others, but I'm worried it may be a fake. Does anyone have the Warner as well as other POTA autos they can compare it to?

Thanks for any insight!

Posts: 79 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi,i can t really help but i got one box of this set when it came out and pulled the david warner auto in the very first pack and i must say it is very genuine,can you put up the image to compare ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
Here are scans of the front/back

Posts: 79 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi craig,i m at work now but when i get home i ll check my auto and describe it (if no one else does first)i did only get one box so have no other to compare mine with.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
Thanks for any tips.

Visually it looks OK- it's just very obviously not printed like the other POTA autos that I have, and that's what concerns me...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
He returned the cards later so Topps didn't have the time to coated them for the release. Mine is the same as above. No gloss finish on the surface and got the card when the set came out.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
To second archifou, mine is the same, no gloss, looks just like the one pictured, and I also bought (or pulled it, I don't remember) when the set was first released.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys- that put my mind at ease!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yep,i checked mine and it has that non gloss look.