Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I just found out the Buffy Stake Card Thread I had going was deleted and can't be recovered.

They have no clue why it was deleted... Confused

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That sucks! Well, if you want to start over, I have #15. Only 106 to go!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I just found out the Buffy Stake Card Thread I had going was deleted and can't be recovered.

They have no clue why it was deleted... Confused

That's terrible news!

We'll just have to start a new one Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
That sucks! Well, if you want to start over, I have #15. Only 106 to go!

I have #89... Big Grin

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Since the Topic is gone and no one knows why and no one deleted it... Then can't NSU ask the Host to get it back without a fee?

The Host knows about the Topic and has the info to find out that it was deleted, so couldn't they retrieve it and put it back?

It makes no sense why it was deleted...

There are still posts that are still on the site that haven't been updated in years.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Not to be negative here, but relying on an online forum to safely keep data is not the best idea.

The hosting company probably makes no promises that guarantee data retention.

I know I keep a text file version of my Card Talk Seller's Ad post, just in case it gets corrupted or goes missing.

It was a great list, and will be terribly hard to recreate now that so many of the cards have found permanent homes in collections.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Not to be negative here, but relying on an online forum to safely keep data is not the best idea.

The hosting company probably makes no promises that guarantee data retention.

I know I keep a text file version of my Card Talk Seller's Ad post, just in case it gets corrupted or goes missing.

It was a great list, and will be terribly hard to recreate now that so many of the cards have found permanent homes in collections.

Ed

I know... It was my fault not to keep a copy of the list.

But, the list was deleted for no reason.

Meanwhile there are a lot of posts that are still available that were updated three years ago.

It makes no sense...???

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meanwhile there are a lot of posts that are still available that were updated three years ago.

It makes no sense...???

Data gets dropped in the real world all the time. If it's a critical application there are redundencies in place and backups.

However, I seriously doubt the people running the Card Talk software and servers consider a single thread any real loss. They're not dealing with financial records or something, it's just an online discussion forum.

No, it doesn't make sense that that one thread is gone while there are others still around. But it happened and since we don't even know when it happened, there's no real way to go back if they only keep backups for about a week and especially if they charge NSU for the effort.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Data gets dropped in the real world all the time.
Ed

Exactly right, and this is the big deception about "cloud computing". Most everyone is buying the idea that you can store your data and your photos and your important records on somebody's server and it will be perfectly safe. Then they are surprised when it gets lost or hacked.

Just this past week a bunch of emails vanished into thin air. I think it was on g-mail, but I could be wrong.

The internet is not a safe environment and its getting worst. You don't have to believe me, ask any Information Technology professional. Most of the IT guys I know are half way to paranoid because they understand how PCs and the internet really work, while the general public only knows what its told to sell some product or service.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It makes no sense...???

Data gets dropped in the real world all the time. If it's a critical application there are redundencies in place and backups.

However, I seriously doubt the people running the Card Talk software and servers consider a single thread any real loss. They're not dealing with financial records or something, it's just an online discussion forum.

No, it doesn't make sense that that one thread is gone while there are others still around. But it happened and since we don't even know when it happened, there's no real way to go back if they only keep backups for about a week and especially if they charge NSU for the effort.

Ed

I understand that data gets dropped in the real world all the time...

The Host stated that the post /topic number is in the database and it was deleted for some reason.

That is why it makes no sense why it was deleted...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great news everyone. On another forum there was mention made of an internet archive site called "wayback machine". For some reason I immediately remembered this thread and decided to search to see if I could find the old Buffy stake thread and I found it. It appears you can't access all 15 pages of the thread however. But you can access the first 2 pages and last 2 pages so at least the full list is there (just jump to page 15). Here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/201...353/m/8621011542/p/1

And just in case that site/link disappears, here is the running list of stake cards (all credit to MarcG):

(42 out of 107)

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 21, 31, 33, 34, 39, 43, 44, 45, 48, 50, 55, 63, 64, 65, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 105

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Great news everyone. On another forum there was mention made of an internet archive site called "wayback machine". For some reason I immediately remembered this thread and decided to search to see if I could find the old Buffy stake thread and I found it. It appears you can't access all 15 pages of the thread however. But you can access the first 2 pages and last 2 pages so at least the full list is there (just jump to page 15). Here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/201...353/m/8621011542/p/1

And just in case that site/link disappears, here is the running list of stake cards (all credit to MarcG):

(42 out of 107)

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 21, 31, 33, 34, 39, 43, 44, 45, 48, 50, 55, 63, 64, 65, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 105

Thanks for finding this Logan!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No problem MarcG. I was very glad to find it. Now I only hope one day I can add one of those to my Buffy collection.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
No problem MarcG. I was very glad to find it. Now I only hope one day I can add one of those to my Buffy collection.

Good Luck... I haven't seen any around lately.

I am glad I have mine...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am glad I have mine...

K & J's Non-Sport cards had one at the Philly show for $400 for 2 or 3 consecutive shows. This past Spring I decided to pull the trigger on it if he still had it at the show. And of course, it was sold. As far as eBay, I saw one last year that sold in the UK. I didn't see the auction until it was already over but the price it ended at surprised me. It was much lower than I expected (somewhere between $200-$300 if I remember correctly). I wish I saw that one when it was active. I'll keep searching though. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am glad I have mine...

K & J's Non-Sport cards had one at the Philly show for $400 for 2 or 3 consecutive shows. This past Spring I decided to pull the trigger on it if he still had it at the show. And of course, it was sold. As far as eBay, I saw one last year that sold in the UK. I didn't see the auction until it was already over but the price it ended at surprised me. It was much lower than I expected (somewhere between $200-$300 if I remember correctly). I wish I saw that one when it was active. I'll keep searching though. Smile

$200 to $400 seems like a real good price for the card...

I might have bought one if I saw those prices.

I will let you know if I see one selling anywhere.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Reading this thread again and seeing the list of Buffy stake cards makes me wonder how many of the unaccounted numbers ever were distributed?

By that I mean, Inkworks is long gone, but I'm sure some of those stake cards were held back for the vault or were given to favored associates. I say that because if I had a card company, as a collector too, I would want to keep at least a sample of my best cards for myself and my friends also. Realistically that is what always happens, so all 107 cards were probably never released.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If they were in the inkworks vault I would have thought they would have surfaced by now as their stock has all been sold.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the UK dealer who bought all the unsold pieceworks had a few that were sold on Ebay years ago, don't think the information is still recoverable on Ebay Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well done Logan!! Thumb Up I found MarcGs thread very helpful so It's great to see it back up again (kind of) but at least we have the important info from it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post