Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just looked at that auction. Could the two images have been any blurrier? You can't even read the card number. I'm surprised that card got so much action. If I were in the market for that card, I would have asked the seller for sharper shots.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Also looking back in this thread, the #105 stake card was one of the 45 reported to have been found on the previous list. If correct, that would mean it was resold again.

I agree about the photos, but some buyers are too determined to close the deal. Not that there is anything wrong with the card, but it's expensive and how can you make a judgement on condition when you can't even make out the serial number? Roll Eyes

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
#88/107 sold on Germany eBay for 800 euros approximately $946.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffy...a:g:rdAAAOSwz2pfPTte

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was really easy! I asked for better photographs and they provided them. I guess you can't assume that the proper questions and photos were not provided. The card turned out to be just fine!

Some of my very best deals have come from auctions with poor photos or incomplete descriptions.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Also looking back in this thread, the #105 stake card was one of the 45 reported to have been found on the previous list. If correct, that would mean it was resold again.

I agree about the photos, but some buyers are too determined to close the deal. Not that there is anything wrong with the card, but it's expensive and how can you make a judgement on condition when you can't even make out the serial number? Roll Eyes

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Star:
Some of my very best deals have come from auctions with poor photos or incomplete descriptions.
[/QUOTE]

People often say that. Sometimes sellers don't know what they have, so descriptions can be far off. Putting up blurry photos seems counterproductive, but as you say, as long as the buyer knows to follow up before committing. Congratulations on your purchase. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that the #105 is on the block again at $1295.00

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I see that the #105 is on the block again at $1295.00

Yeah, roughly six months later, asking $500 more. Not bad, and there's still grading. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ryan Cracknell shows a card front in his 2017 article on the 20 Most Valuable Buffy cards but he doesn't show the back. Maybe that's one he has or he knows who has it and can add the number to the list.

https://www.beckett.com/news/t...layer-trading-cards/

I haven't been looking for it but might have noticed a sale if I had run across it. The Beckett 2021 Non-Sport Almanac values it at $600-800.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post