Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stake #20 has just turned up on a certain auction site:

So here's the updated list:

(43 out of 107)

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 31, 33, 34, 39, 43, 44, 45, 48, 50, 55, 63, 64, 65, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 105

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oooh, why can't I see that one listed!?!
The seller must not be listing it internationally, I'm going to have to go looking now to see it.

Updated the first page with the added #20.
Thanks for the heads up Logan Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Found it, yep US only.
No wonder I didn't see it, I usually only search on the Australian site.
Mainly so I don't see what I can't buy, there are so many sellers that don't ship internationally.

And the BiN is $1000 with a best offer, it will be interesting to see how much it sells for.

So question about these SE-1 pieceworks cards.
How do people store them?
Are there penny sleeves that they fit in?

At the moment, mine is just in the 9 page ultra pro pocket with the rest of the piecework cards, but I'd like to at least put it in a penny sleeve as well.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I collect books too, and have a few glass door bookcases. The stake card and many others that are too big to fit into binder pages, are in those bookshelves, either leaning against the books or against the glass panes that comprise the sides of the shelves. They are also in sleeves of course.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Stake #20 has just turned up on a certain auction site:

So here's the updated list:

(43 out of 107)

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 31, 33, 34, 39, 43, 44, 45, 48, 50, 55, 63, 64, 65, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 105

I just saw it... thanks for the update.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that a few of these might pop up on the Bay sooner or later...

Haven't seen one online anywhere for a long time.

I am glad I have mine already.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:

Me too. I kept waiting for this and maybe a few of the S1, 2 & 3 autos and other rare buffy cards to pop up and sure enough they do.

I too am very glad I already have mine.

What number is yours MarcG and Cardaddict?
I've been keeping a folder of scans of all the different ones I've found for the last couple of years that show up in different places.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I collect books too, and have a few glass door bookcases. The stake card and many others that are too big to fit into binder pages, are in those bookshelves, either leaning against the books or against the glass panes that comprise the sides of the shelves. They are also in sleeves of course.

I collect books too! and have 3 different glass door bookcases full of HC books.
I never thought of displaying cards in front of the books, I might just have to pinch that idea Smile
One thing, do you worry about the cards fading? or does the penny sleeves and toploaders stop UV fading.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

Me too. I kept waiting for this and maybe a few of the S1, 2 & 3 autos and other rare buffy cards to pop up and sure enough they do.

I too am very glad I already have mine.

What number is yours MarcG and Cardaddict?
I've been keeping a folder of scans of all the different ones I've found for the last couple of years that show up in different places.

I have 89...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Mine is number 15. They never see daylight so they don't fade (I hope!). No time to take a picture now but I'll get one on here sooner or later.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stake #20 just sold on eBay for a "Best Offer" of $600.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a bad deal.. I thought it would go for more.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There was one available at the Philly Non-Sport Show for at least 2 consecutive shows in 2013 for $400. I know how rare they are so it was cool to see one in person. But unfortunately for me I wasn't into Buffy at that time. Then in late 2013/early 2014 I watched the complete series for the first time, fell in love with the show, and started collecting the cards. I was very late to the Buffy party. When I went back to the Spring 2014 show buying that card was my top priority. But of course it was sold. That's my luck. Shake Head But hopefully I'll get one eventually. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

There was one available at the Philly Non-Sport Show for at least 2 consecutive shows in 2013 for $400. I know how rare they are so it was cool to see one in person. But unfortunately for me I wasn't into Buffy at that time. Then in late 2013/early 2014 I watched the complete series for the first time, fell in love with the show, and started collecting the cards. I was very late to the Buffy party. When I went back to the Spring 2014 show buying that card was my top priority. But of course it was sold. That's my luck. Shake Head But hopefully I'll get one eventually. Smile

I think he sold too fast and too low... I am pretty sure the seller could of gotten more than $600 for it.

I would of shot him a low offer and saw what happened...

Perhaps another will pop up soon on the Bay or elsewhere.

With the new interest in the Buffy Auto and Sketches, I would figure people will try to make some cash on it.

But again it is sort of a Holy Grail card for a lot of people and I doubt many would sell it.

I know I would not sell my stake card... It is my favorite card in my collection and I consider it priceless.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of buying one... hopefully you will get your chance again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
$600 seems like a really good price considering the SE-1 card is so rare.
I too hope to see more listed.

Cardaddict, so yours is #15. You must have posted a picture of it a while ago because I have a photo of the back of #15. Same with yours MarcG, you must have posted pictures of it before because I have yours in my folder too.

So far I only have pictures of 9 different cards.
#6 (which is mine), #15 (cardaddict), #16, #20, #43, #57, #89 (MarcG), #94 & #96.

quote:

So glad you finally watched it, for me it is one of the best shows, I just love it to bits.
Good luck in getting one, I hope you can add one to your collection Thumb Up

I have noticed that a few of the harder to find Buffy Cards, being autos or pws, have come up recently. Must be because of the SMG auto.
I'm hoping that a couple that I need that I haven't seen listed in quite some time will come up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How tough were these to find when they first came out ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
How tough were these to find when they first came out ?

They were pretty tough...

Only 107 were made but Inkworks held back 7 for any exchanges...

1 card - inserted approx. 1: 2,304 packs

When I started the list we only managed to find 42 out of 107 and now card #20 popped up so we are at 43 out of 107.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So there were 36 packs per box-- roughly 1 per 64 boxes ?

So were 6,400 boxes produced of this set ? Is that a lot compared to other Buffy cards that Inkworks did ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
So there were 36 packs per box-- roughly 1 per 64 boxes ?

So were 6,400 boxes produced of this set ? Is that a lot compared to other Buffy cards that Inkworks did ?

I am not really sure about that...

The approx. 1 in every 2304 packs was from Inkworks.

There might be people on this site that have better knowledge about the exact numbers of this production.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
FYI..just saw this thread & I have #74 Stake card

Joe

Posts: 3 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post