Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Buffy SE-1 stake cards by MarcG
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted
Well since the wonderful Logan managed to track down that elusive thread for us, I'm not going to take any credit so I'll just post his quote.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Great news everyone. On another forum there was mention made of an internet archive site called "wayback machine". For some reason I immediately remembered this thread and decided to search to see if I could find the old Buffy stake thread and I found it. It appears you can't access all 15 pages of the thread however. But you can access the first 2 pages and last 2 pages so at least the full list is there (just jump to page 15). Here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/201...353/m/8621011542/p/1

And just in case that site/link disappears, here is the running list of stake cards (all credit to MarcG):

(44 out of 107)

2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 31, 33, 34, 39, 43, 44, 45, 48, 50, 55, 63, 64, 65, 68, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 87, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 105

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I can't even locate it... I have no clue what happened to it. Confused Confused Confused

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I wish I kept a copy of it or something... Hopefully it can be found.
Frown

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
so it's not just me who can't find it?

I did a search of the forums and I even did a search on your posts but couldn't locate it.

Strange.

The reason I'm asking is I've seen one come up again on fee bay, and I'm wondering if it's one you already have listed.
It's #56/107, but I'm a bit wary of the seller as I have read some bad things about some of his Autos and possibilities of some of them being fakes.

Does anyone know if Pieceworks have ever been faked?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I wish I could help you out with that... I am unsure about fake pieceworks and I am not sure about Stake Card #56/107.

I saw a listing with card #57/107 just listed... Perhaps it is the one you are talking about?

I was going to go on today to check out the list and I was unable to find it. I haven't updated the list in awhile.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
it may have been one of the threads that was removed a while back.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
It is the same listing... It states card #56/107 in the title.

But the picture and the description states #57/107.

It looks legit to me, but I am not an expert.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I hope you find it, it would be a terrible shame to lose all that info Shake Head

Do threads get deleted if they aren't used in a while or something?
I went back a fair way and saw some of my old useless threads, but not your SE-1 Stake list. Very sad news if it's gone.

I hope Harris can help us out with finding it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I hope it can be found... I should have made a copy of the list. Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:

It looks legit to me, but I am not an expert.

Neither am I, that's why I thought I'd ask.

And you're right the listing says #56, but in their description and picture it's #57 I'd say they accidentally typed the wrong thing.
I will ask them though.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
I hope it can be found... I should have made a copy of the list. Twak

I feel the same way and it wasn't even my thread. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
He does have some nice cards listed... He has a pretty good rating as a seller.

I have no reason to suspect that his cards are fakes.

Most likely getting rid of a lot of items to make some cash for the New Year.

Perhaps more people on here knows the seller and can give you better info.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Webjon has some interesting info about some of the sellers cards.

I hope that isn't against forum rules saying that.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I saw that... Makes you think twice.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Webjon has some interesting info about some of the sellers cards.

I hope that isn't against forum rules saying that.

I don't know the guy, but I've bought one card from him in the last 90 days. A Stargate SG-1 Dual costume card and it looks 100% authentic next to one I know came out of a case.

One must remember that dealers take cards in sometimes, and sometimes we get fooled. Jon pointed out a fake card I had in my display case a year or so ago. I'd got it in a trade and honestly had no clue, not being as educated as I am now.

I still keep that Katie Holmes fake around, just to remind myself to be diligent.

So even if someone has a fake, it might not be him doing the faking. I was offered a Star Wars Evolution Carrie Fisher at a recent Philly show that seemed too good to be true. I passed thinking something was just not right. But I don't doubt that guy found someone to trade with in the room.

Arm yourself with information, but be careful on the accusations. Jon does a good job on his site of not crucifying every seller, just saying he wouldn't touch certain cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Arm yourself with information, but be careful on the accusations. Jon does a good job on his site of not crucifying every seller, just saying he wouldn't touch certain cards.

Ed

I'm truly sorry if I can across as accusing, just concerned to make sure MarcG has all the facts to before buying.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Legitimate sellers can be victims of counterfeits -- they have to get their cards from somewhere and may not know the cards are fake. . .

The real question is how a seller will handle it once they find out they have (or have sold) a counterfeit card. . .

If you are concerned ask the seller some questions -- their responses are typically very enlightening.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ed

I'm truly sorry if I can across as accusing, just concerned to make sure MarcG has all the facts to before buying.

I have one already... Smile

I thought you were interested in buying one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ed

I am interested in the SE-1 PW Big Grin

I was commenting on your being interested in the Autos. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ed

I am interested in the SE-1 PW Big Grin

I was commenting on your being interested in the Autos. Wink
Thanks... Thumb Up