Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Jurassic Park Series 2 (Gold Holos)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic Park Series 2 (Gold Holos)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
How many variants of these 4 cards are there????

And shouldn't it be called Cretaceous Park?
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
And shouldn't it be called Cretaceous Park?
Ace

Maybe, but it doesn't have the same ring to it. Big Grin

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As for your first question, Ace, I think that all four of the different images were printed with each of the four back-numberings (1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4) just like the holos for their releases in the previous sets.

What I've never been certain about is whether the holos for the Gold Edition were actually Gold and distinguishable from the earlier ones. ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone finished getting all 16 of silver or gold? I'm working on it and still short 3 silver and 6 gold. For some reason, my Jurassic Park Gold set in different binder than series 1/2 sets; but all the holo's are with the S1/2 sets. My memory has gold as tougher holo pull from S1, but I certainly wouldn't bet on that memory. Would make sense that was in JPGold set. I still have unopened boxes of Gold and S2 somewhere, but not sure want to test memory by opening them yet.
Wonder if anyone at Topps remembers and/or still has access to production notes.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
The Jurassic Park Series 1, Jurassic Park Gold, and Jurassic Park Series 2 all had the same 4 silver holograms. The Gold (AmberChrome) holograms were inserted into Jurassic Park Comic books (I believe it was Special Collectors Edition #4). Supposedly each of the silver and the gold cards have all 4 numbering combinations, making 16 cards/variants for the silver set and 16 cards/variants for the gold set. I have found 13 of the silver holos and 11 of the gold holos. I'm still looking for those last remaining variants to finish my sets.

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Well that is a lot of cards to find. I just got one off the web to complete one set of Gold with each number and each image.
Will think about going for 16 for a while.
Thanks for all the info.
Ace Surf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post