Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    McDonalds Pokemon Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McDonalds Pokemon Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
The furore in the USA that went down over the McDonalds Happy Meals Pokemon cards I think was unjustified
They have landed in New Zealand I went into town last week to get my car serviced and went to Mcds for lunch when I sat down there were 3 unopened packets with Pokemon on them lying on the table so I grabbed them was very disappointed they only had packs of cards in them
I actually thought that there were Promo cards in them I opened one 4 cards one of them a holo and a paper frame that you can put the cards in to show them
Were the packs specially made for McDs if not what was the panic about

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It should say "Made for McDonald's 2021" on the back of the pack.

Here's what the front of the pack looks like:

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
The furore in the USA that went down over the McDonalds Happy Meals Pokemon cards I think was unjustified
They have landed in New Zealand I went into town last week to get my car serviced and went to Mcds for lunch when I sat down there were 3 unopened packets with Pokemon on them lying on the table so I grabbed them was very disappointed they only had packs of cards in them
I actually thought that there were Promo cards in them I opened one 4 cards one of them a holo and a paper frame that you can put the cards in to show them
Were the packs specially made for McDs if not what was the panic about

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
With regulars and halos its a 50 card 25th Anniversary set. I believe all the cards are reprints, if they had new designs it probably would have been a madhouse. Not sure if you can tell the difference in the cards outside of the packs. Hardly matters, they were free with food so you got all those 45 year-olds snacking down on Happy Meals. Big Grin

Why the panic? It's Pokemon. What's that mean? Nothing to me, but somebody's buying it and that's enough.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad they are getting graded already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15467...a:g:HaYAAOSwT8lhet88

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeez did they get free grading 99c
As far as I know they have just arrived here there seems to be no hurry for anyone to get them .
As i said mine came gratis they were just lying on the table
I have had another look at the wrapper and it has Mcdonalds on it but the cards seem to have no indication of what they were for
I will try and get the set of packs and that will be it
But to get them graded that takes the cake

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think you can get a full set for under $15 on ebay. Please oh card gods let this grading bubble burst!

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post