Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Battlestar Galactica TCG (WizKids, 2007) - QUESTION!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica TCG (WizKids, 2007) - QUESTION!!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Got some questions for you guys this morning……

An RPG & TCG shop here in Salt Lake has a bunch of the Battlestar Galactica TCG starter decks (from WizKids, 2007) on clearance for $3 each – I guess they were originally sold for over $11 a long time ago……

Anyway, I bought one starter deck just for fun, to see what it was like (when the title was released, the packs never made it to any stores in the Boise area when I was living there at that time).

In the deck I bought yesterday, I got 5 foil cards, one of which is visible on the box when you buy it (and it’s the same one on every box)……and of course the expected number or fixed and other cards. But there are a few things I don’t understand….

1) Were there supposed to be any rares in the Starter deck? I didn’t get any but I gather they were definitely included in the booster packs. (I looked for booster packs on that auction site – there are none at this time)
2) Are the foils and/or fixed cards always the same in these starter decks? Or do they differ from box to box?
3) And finally……do the commons and uncommons included in these starter decks differ from box to box? Or are the starter decks always exactly the same?

All of these questions are basically to ask: is buying more of the starter decks at the reduced price of $3 worth it? The TCG store I went to has no booster packs, so I have no other options.

Just wondering…… I’m always on the lookout for a good deal or a treasure-find out in the wild. Thanks to anyone who has the answers to my questions.

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hi, the starters all have the same cards in them. No need to buy more than one.
The rare and the foil were pack inserted for the rare foils and the common and uncommons foils were tournaments prize or promos. Hope this helps. Regards.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym: .............Hope this helps. Regards.

Yes, it does. Thank you!!!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post