Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

autograph index
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Is there a website or other resource that indexes autographs on cards? That is, I can enter a person's name and it will return all the cards they have signed?

Posts: 2215 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can search by signer on The Card Market -- there are over 500 sets checklisted on the site so all of those sets are included. The site is thecardmarket.com.

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not really, I mean there is no comprehensive listing that doesn't check product to product.

Best thing I have found is search eBay under the signer's name and pull up all collectibles. If there is a certified card out there from any set, chances are someone is selling it. Even limited cards turn up eventually.

Posts: 10416 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
You can also search Jeff Allender's House of Checklists via Google by searching for:

"jim parsons" site:nslists.com

This is always helpful for searching for actors and actresses, as well as artists too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards made a pretty good start by including an appendix of autographers. Of course, the current edition won't have any set after 2006.

Probably we'll never have a truly comprehensive list unless somebody takes it on as a "labor of love" for that specific sub-species. I do Raven's "search eBay by name" trick frequently, but you might also have to include oddball areas like sports memorabilia, because some card sellers post only there.

Ebay listings scroll out of the Completed Auctions list pretty quickly, though. If you want to search even farther back you can use worthpoint.com. (It won't work as a "price guide" unless you're a member, but you can see the descriptions and images of what's been sold online before, going back quite a few years.)

I admit that I often try Harris' trick first. It will usually get only the cards that were signed as part of a major set's distribution, and ignore the "uncertified" personally signed and show-signed cards (unless they were marketed as related to the card set).

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post