Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Wall Street trading cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wall Street trading cards
 Login/Join

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted
Anybody see this, looks very interesting. I like the idea of getting some return on your investment with the share cards

www.wallstreettradingcards.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Or you could just skip the cards and buy stock shares. Big Grin

It seems informational in nature, like flash cards. The share card hit has rules. Haven't heard of this one before.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is interesting, although they don't really seem to be focused on the cards at all -- at least I can't really find much information about the cards, or even a picture of the back of the card.

There are 3 10 card packs in the box, and the set is 30 cards, but it is unclear if the box contains a complete set.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
So no Michael Douglas autos?? Oh well...got my hopes up for a second.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Actually, I thought it was 3 packs with 10 cards each as well. So just to be sure, I sent the company an email to confirm and it turns out that there are only 11 total cards (10 base + 1 hit) in each box! It’s a cool concept, but waaaay to pricey for what you get (from a trading card viewpoint).

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Actually, I thought it was 3 packs with 10 cards each as well. So just to be sure, I sent the company an email to confirm and it turns out that there are only 11 total cards (10 base + 1 hit) in each box! It’s a cool concept, but waaaay to pricey for what you get (from a trading card viewpoint).

Whoa, that's confusing. . .

Thanks for asking and sharing. . .

So in a box you get 3 packs. 10 total base cards, and 1 share card. It is unclear if the share card is in a pack. . . but either way neither 10 nor 11 divide evenly by 3 so you are not going to have consistent numbers of base cards in the packs.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone understand the share odds. . . for example:

MCDONALDS 5-1
FACEBOOK 1-130

Maybe they are just inconsistent, but they way I read this is that for every pack you get 5 shares of McDs and a 1:130 chance at Facebook.

Admittedly I'm not that familiar with odds written this way so maybe not, but a quick google search wasn't helpful.

https://wallstreettradingcards.com/pages/share-odds

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I couldn't understand the website about the share hit either, but I didn't want to make inquiries because I wasn't seriously considering buying. There are rules about that share hit and it seems like you can redeem it for a gift card or you have to go to another exchange. Its not that easy to transfer stock since the days when you actually got paper certificates in you hand and didn't have to deal with a broker.

For the record McDonald's is priced at $230 per share and Facebook is $306 per share right now.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Remember, this is a 2020 set. The example of the share card on their site says that it expires on 06-01-21, so in about 2 weeks.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Remember, this is a 2020 set. The example of the share card on their site says that it expires on 06-01-21, so in about 2 weeks.

You are correct, should have noticed that first. Big Grin If that's how it stays, kind of puts an end to the product, whatever it was. Wink