Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    UPS Delivery International
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS Delivery International
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post I'm only looking/hoping for a quick response.

Waiting on 2 boxes from Canada (to UK) via UPS Express Saver Delivery.

Online tracker said it should have been delivered by the end of today and it hasn't. Shake Head Mad

There's no note of attempted delivery having been left. Confused

Should I be concerned because this hasn't exactly been a cheap purchase. Frown

Or am I 'jumping ahead' and despite what the online tracker says it should be here tomorrow? Twak

Thanks for any help. Wave

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't use UPS if I can help it as anything that comes via them always attracts custom and VAT fees Frown .Was there someone in at your house all day?

My guess is there is a fee to pay so they would not leave the package with neighbours.They do not usually leave a note to say they tried to deliver if nobody is in,they just come back the next day.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
I've used UPS before with packages from the US to Ireland and that has happened and it showed up very early the next day Smile

I've stopped receiving packages via UPS and only with USPS now due to the customs UPS charge. In my experience USPS is around $10-20 dollars more expensive but the customs from UPS was about $60

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I don't use UPS if I can help it as anything that comes via them always attracts custom and VAT fees Frown .Was there someone in at your house all day?

My guess is there is a fee to pay so they would not leave the package with neighbours.They do not usually leave a note to say they tried to deliver if nobody is in,they just come back the next day.

Yes, there was someone in all day - Though rather than looking out ever now and then, they relied on the doorbell (which we discovered had broken but is now fixed) - This may have attributed to missing them.

Thanks for clearing up the info about the note. Appreciate it. Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Portlaw:
I've used UPS before with packages from the US to Ireland and that has happened and it showed up very early the next day Smile

I've stopped receiving packages via UPS and only with USPS now due to the customs UPS charge. In my experience USPS is around $10-20 dollars more expensive but the customs from UPS was about $60

I feared the excessive charges. There was a different courrier I dealt with a few years back when I got 3 boxes at once from the US and it cost me about 30 extra (10/box) in customs charges. Such a rip off when you pay more tha enough for shipping and not to mention for the items themselves with tax/VAT.

Oh well, hopefull the boxes/cards will be worth it.

Thanks for all you help. Wavey

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Holding out hope for tomorrow (prefrably morning). Roll Eyes