Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
(2012) George H. W. Bush 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends - Elite Color Photo Signatures [IS THIS A CUT?]

It's a sticker auto -- not a cut. Barbara Bush also signed.

I think this may be the first US President to sign for a card set, although I don't recall the year The Apprentice set came out.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
A little aside:
True story, within the first four boxes I bought (all at a discount from the original price, I might add) of 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends, I got the George Bush sticker autograph numbered 41/41 (a quantity chosen because he'd been the 41st President) AND the redemption card for the Dwight Eisenhower Cut Autograph relic card (the relic being a star from his military uniform) that was numbered to 5.

I probably got another 6 or so boxes after that, and pfft, not even one more President autograph in them. Mad

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Barbara Bush also signed.

(2012) Barbara Bush 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends - Elite Signatures played by Phil Hartman in SNL 1992 Star Pics SNL

(2012) John Dean 2012 Panini Golden Age - Historic Signatures played by Martin Sheen in Blind Ambition 1999 SkyBox Babylon 5: Profiles

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I think the winner is:

(2002) Hugh Hefner 1992 Star Pics Playboy played by
Cliff Robertson in Star 80 2002 Rittenhouse The Outer Limits Premiere Edition - Autographs #A11

Yeah, that's a good one. I was looking at Fred Haise, Jack Swigert and Ken Mattingly from Apollo 13 to see if they signed anything. Swigert passed away long before autograph cards were a thing.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
(2012) George H. W. Bush 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends - Elite Color Photo Signatures [IS THIS A CUT?]

It's a sticker auto -- not a cut. Barbara Bush also signed.

I think this may be the first US President to sign for a card set, although I don't recall the year The Apprentice set came out.

I'm thinking Trump is probably the first. Apprentice came out in 2005

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'm not supposed to reveal too much of what I know from the future, but for those of you who like autograph cards of Presidents, you might want to pick up a few of the existing cards of actor Jamie Kennedy (found in Breygent Ghost Whisperer & 2021 Leaf Pop Century) who will be elected the 52nd President of the United States in a "The All-New Jamie Kennedy Xperiment" prank gone horribly wrong.

(He will later serve a second, non-consecutive term as the 55th President, but I've said too much already.)

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm sounds like you might have some for sale. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Film cast with most non-sport autographs not related to the Film.

I am sure there are others but one of the biggest I put together was Loaded Weapon with 18

Same with TV cast. Deadwood has at least 20

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What's the dividing line between "member of cast" and "guest star on multiple episodes"? Does Alice Krige count on Deadwood (appeared on 5 out of 36 episodes)? What about Kristen Bell (2/36)?

Justified had a great guest cast over its run. If you accept anyone who appeared in 4 or more episodes, you come up with 25 (at least, I may have missed a couple). If you pick up those who were in 3 or more, you get to 30. I didn't go through all of the actors who were in 1 or 2 episodes, but I did notice a number of names that I know have signed cards.

Erica Tazel
Walton Goggins
Natalie Zea
Jere Burns
Raymond Barry
Jim Beaver
Michael Rapaport
Neal McDonough
Margo Martindale
Sam Anderson
A. J. Buckley
John Kapelos
David Andrews
Jeff Fahey
Brad William Henke
Stephen Root
Lindsay Pulsipher
Patton Oswalt
Scott Grimes
Danielle Panabaker
M. C. Gainey
Wood Harris
Richard Speight Jr.
Todd Stashwick
Danny Strong
Ned Bellamy (3)
Stephen Tobolowsky
Casey Sander
Heather Olt
William Gregory Lee

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Lets make it fun.

TV Cast at least one season.

TV Cast/Appearances (Love Boat might be a fun one.) Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Static firsts
To sign sealed set from manufacture. George Romero, Russ Streiner and John Russo 1988 Night of the Living Dead 20th Ann. Image Inc
To sign inserted in packs. Chuck Jones (1000) 1990 Comic Ball Upper Deck
Signed Swatch/Costume Card Traci Bingham, Shauna Sand Lamas, Cindy Margolis, Gena Lee Nolin -- 2002 Bench Warmer
Woman to sign sealed set from manufacture. Michelle Bauer, Bobbie Bresee, Susanne Severeid Scream Queens I 1990 Image
Women to sign inserted in packs. Jennifer Montana, Babette Kosar, Janet Elway, Michelle Oates, Toni Lipps, Stacey O'Brien, and Phylicia Rashad Players Wives NFL Spirit 1991 Pro Line
African American Phylicia Rashad and Toni Lipps Players Wives NFL Spirit 1991 Pro Line
Asian Joan Chen 91 Twin Peaks Star Pics
Academy Award Winner Chuck Jones (1000) 1990 Comic Ball Upper Deck
Best Picture George Clooney Argo (2013) -- 1997 Batman & Robin Widevision / Grant Heslov 2002 Scorpion King / Ben Affleck 2002 Daredevil
Director Ron Howard (2002) Beautiful Mind -- 2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas (999)
Actor Forest Whitaker (2006) Last King of Scotland -- 2000 Upper Deck Battlefield Earth
Actress Cate Blanchett (2013) Blue Jasmine -- 2001 Topps Lord of the Rings
Supporting Actor George Clooney Syriana (2005) -- 1997 Batman & Robin Widevision
Supporting Actress Cloris Leachman (1971) The Last Picture Show -- 1999 Twilight Zone / Judi Dench (1998) Shakesphere in Love -- 1999 James Bond TWINE
Academy Award Minor "Best Short" Chuck Jones (1000) 1990 Comic Ball Upper Deck
Academy Award Technical and Music Stan Winston (1987) Aliens (1992) Terminator 2 (1992) Jurassic Park -- 1998 Small Soldiers Inkworks
Grammy Award Winner Angelo Badalamenti, 1991 Twin Peaks
Tony Award Winner Phylicia Rashad Players Wives NFL Spirit 1991 Pro Line
Emmy Award Winner Piper Laurie, 1991 Twin Peaks
Hollywood Walk of Fame George Romero NoTLD 1988
Professional Athlete crossover to sign NS Vinnie Jones X-Men 3 2006
Olympic Athlete crossover to sign NS Estella Warren 1996 Olympics -- 2001 Planet of the Apes not officially issued and 2015 Pop Century
Note: Artist often tend to float from one medium outlet to another, category is looking for a mostly famous for result.
Artist Traditional
Artist US Animation Chuck Jones 1990 Comic Ball Upper Deck
Artist Japan Animation
Artist Comic Book Jim Lee, 1991 Comic Images X-Men
Classical Musician
Rap Artist -Coolio 2002 Daredevil
Pop/Rock Artist
Country Artist - Might have to figure out which 92 country set released first.
First Singer
State or Federal Politician Al Franken, 1992 SNL
Astronaut James Lovell (1000) Space Shots Series 3 1992
Military Norman Schwarzkopf Defenders of Freedom Historical Images 1991
Signer in a language other than English. Joan Chen 1991 Twin Peaks
Signer to include a drawing or doodle.
Signer to add an unsolicited inscription

Dynamic
Film with most non-related autograph cards Loaded Weapon 1 17 cards with 18 autographs
TV cast with most non-related autograh cards - cast = at least one full season
TV cast/appearances with most autograph cards
Oldest to sign Gloria Stuart approx 99 (possibly even 100) years old Panini Americana 2011
Oldest to sign a costume card Gloria Stuart 2008 Celebrity Cuts Donruss
Earliest born to sign Buddy Ebsen 1908 Twilight Zone 2000 Rittenhouse.
Youngest to sign Skyler Wexler 9 Orphan Black 2016
Youngest to sign a costume card Jadon Wells 9 or 10 2016 Dexter Seasons 7 & 8
Most Academy Awards 5 John Williams Star Wars 30th Ann 2007
Most Actor Academy Awards 2 Cate Blanchett Lord of the Rings FoTR Topps 2001 and Mahershala Ali 4400 Inkworks 2007 / Alphas Cryptozoic 2013
Most Grammy Awards John Williams 24
Most Grammy Awards Pop Music Jay Z 21
Most Tony Awards James Earl Jones 3
Most Prime Time Emmy Awards for a performer 8 Cloris Leachman and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Most Hollywood Walk of Fame Categories Mickey Rooney with 4 (Film, TV, Radio and Live Performance)
EGOT Winners Jennifer Hudson American Idol Fleer 2004 Whoopi Goldberg Star Trek TNG
Oldest Hollywood Walk of Fame
Most sets autographed for
Most sets autographed for different titles
Most cards autographed (must be cards designed for signing and not commons) This one is gonna be fun trying to chase down.
Most Non Sport Autograph/Relic or Costume combination cards.
Most Major Franchise entries (so far I have MARVEL, DC, BOND, STAR WARS, TREK, ALIEN/PREDATOR, MIDDLE EARTH, CLASSIC DISNEY, TRANSFORMERS, ROCKY, HPOTTER)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Lets make it fun.

So, essentially, any appearance at all? Or do they have to be in every episode of a single season?

For the Big List, add James Cameron (2002) to "Best Picture".

First Swatch/Costume -- see also 2002 Xena: Beauty and Brawn

First Comic Book Artist -- Jim Lee, 1991 Comic Images X-Men (Frazetta didn't sign until 1996, Wrightson 1993).

First Singer -- Julee Cruise, 1991 Twin Peaks

First Classical Musician -- YoYo Ma has a couple of cuts; other than that, I can't think of any classical musicians with signed cards.

First Country Musician. Either Steve Hall, Tracy Lawrence, Mark Miller -- 1991 Sterling Country Gold;
or Alan Jackson, Clint Black, George Jones, Ronnie Milsap -- 1991 Collect-a-Card Country Classics.

Most Tony Awards -- James Earl Jones, 3 (?)

Oldest Walk of Fame -- Milton Berle -- inducted 1950, 1992 Pro Line

First Academy Award acting (Best Actress) nominee -- Piper Laurie 1991 Twin Peaks

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Lets make it fun.

So, essentially, any appearance at all? Or do they have to be in every episode of a single season?

For the Big List, add James Cameron (2002) to "Best Picture".

First Swatch/Costume -- see also 2002 Xena: Beauty and Brawn

First Comic Book Artist -- Jim Lee, 1991 Comic Images X-Men (Frazetta didn't sign until 1996, Wrightson 1993).

First Singer -- Julee Cruise, 1991 Twin Peaks

First Classical Musician -- YoYo Ma has a couple of cuts; other than that, I can't think of any classical musicians with signed cards.

First Country Musician. Either Steve Hall, Tracy Lawrence, Mark Miller -- 1991 Sterling Country Gold;
or Alan Jackson, Clint Black, George Jones, Ronnie Milsap -- 1991 Collect-a-Card Country Classics.

Most Tony Awards -- James Earl Jones, 3 (?)

Oldest Walk of Fame -- Milton Berle -- inducted 1950, 1992 Pro Line

First Academy Award acting (Best Actress) nominee -- Piper Laurie 1991 Twin Peaks

Must be in every episode or at least a justified main character which generally gets credit even though they aren't actually in every episode.

I think best picture goes to George Clooney.
First swatch went to Benchwarmers. Xena came out in Dec so it is just an assumption BW came out first. Still checking.

I read the walk of fame didn't come into existence until 1960 where several hundred were inducted. A bit of a road block for that category. Cool

Any category without a recipient can stay open until it does.

Check out the list I just posted....updated a few things.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
First swatch went to Benchwarmers. Xena came out in Dec so it is just an assumption BW came out first. Still checking.

Star Trek TNG Season 7 2000 Star Threads costume cards.

I think these were first in non-sport.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Star Trek TNG Season 7 2000 Star Threads costume cards.

I think these were first in non-sport.

Ed

Looking for signed costume cards. So far 2002 is the birth year. Big Grin Looking like Benchwarmers and Xena are the only ones.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking like Benchwarmers and Xena are the only ones.

So Lord knows where, how, or why I ever picked up this card, but it might be a whole other section for signed cards.

Monique Gabrielle, Scream Queens 4, autographed nipple print 400/500.

So there are the first ink print cards of lips and other body parts with autographs too. I think I can remember something like a fingerprint card from somebody and of course the always desired bit of hair card. Big Grin Some collectors are in for any novelty.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Married Couple
Hugh Hefner, Kimberly Conrad Hefner, 1992 Star Pics Playboy

First Father-Son
David Lynch, Austin Lynch 1991 Star Pics Twin Peaks

First Father-Son, not in same set
Martin Sheen 1999 SkyBox Babylon 5: Profiles
Emilio Estevez 2004 Donruss Throwback Threads - Fans of the Game Autographs

First Father-Daughter
David Lynch, Jennifer Lynch 1991 Star Pics Twin Peaks

First Mother-Son
Sharon + Kelly Osbourne 2002 Inkworks The Osbournes

First Mother-Son, not in same set
Sean Astin 2001 Topps Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Patty Duke 2008 Donruss Americana II - Private Signings

First Mother-Daughter
Sharon + Jack Osbourne 2002 Inkworks The Osbournes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

So Lord knows where, how, or why I ever picked up this card, but it might be a whole other section for signed cards.

Monique Gabrielle, Scream Queens 4, autographed nipple print 400/500.

So there are the first ink print cards of lips and other body parts with autographs too. I think I can remember something like a fingerprint card from somebody and of course the always desired bit of hair card. Big Grin Some collectors are in for any novelty.

Wow! Completely forgot about those! Maybe call em DNA cards? Big Grin

quote:

First Married Couple
Hugh Hefner, Kimberly Conrad Hefner, 1992 Star Pics Playboy

Family team up is a cool category....I like it! I thought Charlie Sheen and Emilio were in the same set?

Not that I think should be a category but just read that Zoe Saldana is the first actor to appear in 4 films making $2B. In spite of the fact that the word appear and Avatar is a bit of a stretch. Smile

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

First Mother-Son

First Mother-Daughter

I know those kids are a bit mixed up but there's no need to rub it in. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

First Mother-Son

First Mother-Daughter

I know those kids are a bit mixed up but there's no need to rub it in. Big Grin

Yikes! I did a cut and paste error, and put them in the wrong spots. Consider it a typo, please.

quote:

I thought Charlie Sheen and Emilio were in the same set?

I just said Emilio instead of Charlie because Charlie gets all the hype . . . .