Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Not that I think should be a category but just read that Zoe Saldana is the first actor to appear in 4 films making $2B. In spite of the fact that the word appear and Avatar is a bit of a stretch. Smile

I can't speak of 4 films, but I believe at one time Samuel L. Jackson held the record as the highest grossing actor of all time because of his many appearances in lots of movies, including several blockbusters. They are counting any size role, so star or supporting character, it was included.

Some lists have Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr ahead of him now, but I'm not sure how accurate that is and its mainly carried by "Avengers Endgame".

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For most autographs from one TV show, shouldn't "Seinfeld" fall in there some place? So many actors passed through that one, many names not well known till later on. The only thing is, they were one shot roles or spaced-out recurring characters, and that might not qualify for this list.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Longest name signed: Arnold Schwarzenegger? (20 characters)

Shortest name signed (mononyms and initials don't count): Stan Lee? Ray Park? (7 characters)

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Longest name signed: Arnold Schwarzenegger? (20 letters)

Shortest name signed (mononyms and initials don't count): Stan Lee? Ray Park? (7 letters)

Okay, I did some sorting on my spreadsheet (which is missing most of the last decade, so this list is still tentative).

shortest: Mononyms (which don't count) at 4 letters: Jay-Z; Ice-T; artist Brom; Roca (Comic Images Crimson Embrace)

shortest full names: 5 letters -- Nam Le (Razor/Leaf poker); Tzi Ma (Artbox 24); Al Rio (Breygent Vampirella). 6 letters -- Bo Bice (American Idol); artist Keu Cha (Witchblade Millenium); artist Gene Ha (Red Sonja); Jon Key (Harry Potter); artist Jae Lee (multiple); artist Jim Lee (multiple); Bob May (Lost in Space)

Longest: 22 letters: Bridgette Wilson-Sampras (Donruss Americana); Jessie Lawrence Ferguson (ST); Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (The Mummy).

Several at 21 letters: Gordon Michael Woolvett; Charles Malik Whitfield; Deborah Van Valkenburgh; Mirjam van Breeschooten; Mahershalalhashbaz Ali

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Pulitzer Prize winner:

Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward's reporting on Watergate won a 1973 Pulitzer, but the award went to the "Staff of the Washington Post". So it's sort of an open question as to whether they "won" a Pulitzer. But they advertise themselves as Pulitzer Prize winners. Both signed for 2012 Panini Golden Age.

Buzz Bissinger was a legitimate named awardee in 1987 for his work on the Philadelphia Inquirer. He became better known as an author for "Friday Night Lights," on which the movie and TV show were based. He has signed cards in 2021 Allen & Ginter.

First Blind person -- Ronnie Milsap signed for 1992 Collect-a-Card Country Classics.

First Governor -- Arnold Schwarzenegger signed for 1997 Skybox Widevision Batman & Robin.

First Hugo Award Winner (writing) --
Joss Whedon 1998 Inkworks BtVS

Harlan Ellison 1999 Skybox Babylon 5: Profiles

Neil Gaiman, 2011 Cryptozoic CBLDF Liberty

First Hugo Award Winner (art)
1994 Vincent Di Fate Comic Images
1994 Don Maitz FPG

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First (only?) Nobel Prize winner:

Al Gore 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter - Autographs #AGA-GO (signed jointly with, of all people, Keith Olbermann)

Donald Trump is identified earlier in the thread as the first president to sign. The first vice president would be, I think George H. W. Bush, who signed jointly with his wife Barbara (first First Lady) in 2008 Donruss Americana II - Co-Stars Signature #12.

First Author Clive Barker 1992 Eclipse Hellraiser

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,