Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wanna do one of those rediculous records list like the sports fans/collectors do.
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

When you say "First Tony Award Winner", do you mean:

First issued card featuring a person who has or will win a Tony -- Phylicia Rashad, in this case, I believe.

or First Person to win a Tony who ends up on a card -- Diahann Carroll.

(and others of your categories can be viewed one of two ways -- earliest signed card associated with some claim to fame, or earliest person to do something, who later ends up on a signed card.)

The structure is category and first person to sign. Going through some of the categories I carelessly tossed onto the list I realize things could get a bit granular such as there are 5 groupings for the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Yes I agree that the first signer to receive a Tony is Rashad.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Have we done this one yet?

The longest time between somebody signing and the role on the card they are signing for.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

The longest time between somebody signing and the role on the card they are signing for.

Gregory Irvin signed in 2020 for a role he played prior to March 1961 -- a gap of 59 years.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Lebanese-American -- Casey Kasem, 2003 Inkworks Scooby-Doo Mysteries & Monsters.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Best Original Screenplay Oscar -- Kenneth Branagh, 1999 Fleer Wild Wild West the Movie

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First Professional Magician (tie)

Penn & Teller, 1998 Fleer Babylon 5 Season 5 - Autographs #A16

Larry Anderson, 1998 SkyBox Star Trek Insurrection - Autographs #A-18

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First murdered person -- Phil Hartman, 1992 Star Pics SNL

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I feel like you could make a "First *Whatever*" for any first-time signer.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
First murdered person -- Phil Hartman, 1992 Star Pics SNL

First person who murdered someone and committed suicide - Johnny Lewis, Smallville or AvP, don't remember which came first, hopefully last.

There have been a few suicides without a murder, if you want that category too. Lee Thompson Young, also signing in Smallville, comes to mind as a really hard one. What was it with the collection of actors on that show anyway?

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Gregory Irvin signed in 2020 for a role he played prior to March 1961 -- a gap of 59 years.

The Munchkins signed in 2007 which is about a 68 year gap.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Millvina Dean signed a Titanic set 86 years after the event.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:
Star Pics Playboy came out as a boxed set in Feb 1992. This set had signed cards, but I haven't seen a definitive list of those who signed. Given the wide lineup of Playboy Interview subjects in the set, if any of them signed they could show up on this list. Hefner did sign,

First magazine publisher as well.

Stan Lee had a signed hologram in 1991 Impel Marvel Universe II, and he was publisher of several Marvel magazines.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

There have been a few suicides without a murder, if you want that category too.

David Carradine? 2000 Inkworks Charmed Season 1

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
First Singer
1993 Collect-A-Card American Bandstand Jerry Lee Lewis.

Shoulda remembered Julee Cruise in 1991 Twin Peaks.

First married couple:
Julie Bell, 1994 Cardz and Boris Vallejo 1991 Comic Images (wouldn't be surprised to see this one beaten).

First siblings: Austin and Jennifer Lynch (half-brother and -sister) 1991 Twin Peaks.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
David Carradine? 2000 Inkworks Charmed Season 1

Not to go too far off topic, but suicide was actually ruled out in David Carradine's death. It kind of settled on accidental death due to auto erotic asphyxiation, which sounds provocative to say. Personally, I never believed it was a solo act. Weird things happen to dumb Americans in Bangkok hotel rooms and we will never know for sure what he did or with who.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Made me think of a new category -- first dual signed card -- not sure if this is it --
I think the Stan Lee, Mike Wieringo dual Marvel Creators redemption card was 1998 too.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Yeah, where do you draw the line?

It's starting to get like baseball statistics.

First card signed in the southern hemisphere, while mercury was in retrograde by a person under 5'10" on a Tuesday.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Made me think of a new category -- first dual signed card -- not sure if this is it --
I think the Stan Lee, Mike Wieringo dual Marvel Creators redemption card was 1998 too.

Several 1995 duals:
Greg & Tim Hildebrandt signed together in 1995 Comic Images Greg & Tim Hildebrandt: Separate and Together.
Lucy Arnaz and Desi Arnaz Jr. signed together in 1995 KRC International Lucy: Moments and Memories.
Steven Hughes and Brian Pulido dual-signed a 1995 Krome Lady Death Series 2

quote:

Why do you need a line? If this ain't your thing, ignore it.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

It's starting to get like baseball statistics.

I'm pretty sure the title of my post explicitly implied this. Obviously we don't have to take them all seriously.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
First real person and actor who played them set such as Serpico and Pacino or Ray Liotta and Henry Hill.

Would be difficult not to allow sports in that category. I have both Zachary Levi and Kurt Warner auto cards. DeNiro and Jake LaMotta

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
First real person and actor who played them set such as Serpico and Pacino or Ray Liotta and Henry Hill.

Some possibilities:

(2009) Lynn Compton 2009 iCardz Band of Brothers played by
Neal McDonough in Band of Brothers 2007 Rittenhouse Complete ST Movies

(2019) Donald Malarkey 2009 iCardz Band of Brothers played by
Scott Grimes in Band of Brothers 2019 Rittenhouse The Orville Season One

(2016) Earl McClung 2009 iCardz Band of Brothers played by
Rocky Marshall in Band of Brothers 2016 Topps Chrome Star Wars The Force Awakens

(2012) Eugene Kranz 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends played by
Dan Butler in From Earth to the Moon 2006 Inkworks Supernatural Season 1

(2012) Walt Cunningham 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends played by
Fredric Lehne in From Earth to the Moon 2010 Rittenhouse Lost Archives

(2018) George W. Bush 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter played by
Josh Brolin in W 2018 Upper Deck Marvel Avengers Infinity War

(2012) George H. W. Bush 2012 Panini Americana Heroes & Legends - Elite Color Photo Signatures [IS THIS A CUT?] played by James Cromwell in W 2008 Rittenhouse Star Trek Movies In Motion

But I think the winner is:

(2002) Hugh Hefner 1992 Star Pics Playboy played by
Cliff Robertson in Star 80 2002 Rittenhouse The Outer Limits Premiere Edition - Autographs #A11