Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MEGHAN MARKLE
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
wow, an out of work bloke on benefits gets engaged to a z list celeb and the whole card world goes mad.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Correction, I was already mad before any of this surfaced; after all, I WAS a card collector (driven out of the hobby by impossible to get sets and - yeah, I know - get off the soapbox already!)

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
I wonder what she'll do, if she sees another video of Harry running around naked again, with some unclad ladies of the night?

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Q. What did one formerly very expensive autographed trading card say to another formerly cheaper than dirt autographed trading card?

A. Enjoy the ride, Honey. It may not last forever.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh you may be too pessimistic on the Spacey.

True he's a poster boy for bad behavior now and he probably won't be getting any work anytime soon, but that card is as rare as it ever was. Routh seems to have tanked as a leading star, but his Superman Returms autograph card is still rare and still well into three figures. I can't find a Spacey up for sale, haven't looked for Routh, but neither one was ever worth the prices they were pulling down as far as I saw it. That didn't stop other collectors from buying them though. Wink

If you are really down on the Spacey, you should float it and see what offers are made. Sure it will be down off its high, but you might be surprised at the money you can still get for it.

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was trying to be funny, not pessimistic. I have no intention whatsoever of giving either card up. I did see a Routh sell for about $70 on EBay recently though.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I was trying to be funny, not pessimistic. I have no intention whatsoever of giving either card up. I did see a Routh sell for about $70 on EBay recently though.

Seventy bucks, now that I would have bought myself just for the heck of it. I don't follow that card myself but NSU still has it at $200 - $400 and the Spacey at $350 - $700. That was before it hit the fan. Big Grin

Posts: 10378 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
yep, excellent time for me to list my Fringe autos. Now I just have to be home long enough to do it Smile I even have two of Markle, so should fund my cards for a little while.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Q. What did one formerly very expensive autographed trading card say to another formerly cheaper than dirt autographed trading card?

A. Enjoy the ride, Honey. It may not last forever.

Never mind the cards, congrats on the Bachmans! Two US copies of "Rage" and one of the UK editions. Also dig those 1st prints with the reflective foil of the "Shining" and those Night Shifts with the Die-Cut covers. Wow, good stuff, there!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
One of the RAGE'S (on the right), is the Canadian printing. But considering I paid less than five bucks for both of them, I'm not complaining! As soon as I knew Bachman was King I scoured every used and new bookstore I could find and picked them up for peanuts compared to what they're worth now.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cardaddict:

A. Enjoy the ride, Honey. It may not last forever. [QUOTE]
Do you know if the Kate Bosworth autos got any value still?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cardaddict:

A. Enjoy the ride, Honey. It may not last forever. [QUOTE]

Clap Do you know if the Kate Bosworth autos got any value still?

Looks like they go from $40 to $70

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Do you know if the Kate Bosworth autos got any value still?[/QUOTE]

Looks like they go from $40 to $70[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you think about it, that Superman Returns set has just been bad luck all around. The movie wasn't good, Bosworth's career has stalled, Routh's never really got going, although he is at least on a TV show lately, and Spacey is in hiding. So much for anyone thinking that one was a good investment.

If I had a Markle Fringe autograph card, which naturally I don't, there is no question in my mind that I would sell it now. Not so much about needing the money, as it would be just to avoid the pain of watching this rollercoaster go back down. Once the hoopla is over, there's not a lot of reasons to think that there will be much long lasting demand at this level, so strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
But what if she contacts an extraterrestrial civilization, and is given the means to solve every major problem on the planet and turn Earth into a Utopian Paradise, where everyone lives forever? Won't the value of her card go up then?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
But what if she contacts an extraterrestrial civilization, and is given the means to solve every major problem on the planet and turn Earth into a Utopian Paradise, where everyone lives forever? Won't the value of her card go up then?

Yes it would. Big Grin But before that happens we are more likely to see her extended family on a reality TV show. "Gypsies in the Palace" would be my title, with Jimmy Buffett singing the song. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So is Saturday evening a good time to list your Meghan auto on ebay ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Happened to notice one of these on eBay that sold at auction today -- sold for $234.50 with 3 bidders over $200.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that card was well over $300 at one time. Peaked shortly after the wedding as was expected, but the question of long term value was always anybody's guess. The Royal Family is prone to drama, or so it seems. Love The Crown. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If you think about it, that Superman Returns set has just been bad luck all around. The movie wasn't good, Bosworth's career has stalled, Routh's never really got going, although he is at least on a TV show lately, and Spacey is in hiding. So much for anyone thinking that one was a good investment.

Don't forget Bryan Singer, the director, was recently fired from Bohemian Rhapsody for his supposed involvement in a child sex trafficking ring in the 1990s with Gary Goddard and Roland Emmerich, a story that refuses to go away after 20 years. Singer's career might finally be over. He was replaced on the Red Sonja film most recently. No studio wants to deal with that in the #metoo era.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Studio-Hades,

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post