Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MEGHAN MARKLE
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Happened to notice one of these on eBay that sold at auction today -- sold for $234.50 with 3 bidders over $200.

hey is there some way i can message you on here? I was hoping to ask you about buying some cards

Posts: 3 | Location: North | Registered: November 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by One171433:
quote:
Happened to notice one of these on eBay that sold at auction today -- sold for $234.50 with 3 bidders over $200.

hey is there some way i can message you on here? I was hoping to ask you about buying some cards

No, there isn't any messaging system on here, and I'm also not selling any cards at the moment.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was hoping you a Brian Deegan auto card I could buy or a mike metzger auto card I could buy

Posts: 3 | Location: North | Registered: November 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was hoping you a Brian Deegan auto card I could buy or a mike metzger auto card I could buy

Unfortunately -- I don't have any cards for sale, also buying/selling isn't allowed on Card Talk so be careful before the card police turn you in.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately -- I don't have any cards for sale, also buying/selling isn't allowed on Card Talk so be careful before the card police turn you in.

Those guys are some kind of eXtreme sport racers. If the poster is inquiring, I don't know that there are any cards, but better to look on sports card forums. They wouldn't get any mention here.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So what do think the current flap does to the demand/price of the Markle Fringe autograph card?

Because everything started in such a good place, I can only think that it hurts it. On the other hand all the British tabloids and the writers of The Crown are probably besides themselves. Big Grin

Now there's a title for a card set that could outdo Downton Abbey, The Crown, but it won't happen.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First of all, wasn't the value going to go down anyway with Markle easing into life as a royal? She and her husband are making a splash now and probably staying in the news as a controversial couple. What if they start their own company and it becomes successful? What if she gets back into acting again and does a funny cameo on a TV show and/or appears in some well-regarded indie project? They'll probably continue doing things for charity. As long as people are curious about what they're doing and what they're doing next, I think the value of the card will at least hold.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So what do think the current flap does to the demand/price of the Markle Fringe autograph card?

Because everything started in such a good place, I can only think that it hurts it. On the other hand all the British tabloids and the writers of The Crown are probably besides themselves. Big Grin

Now there's a title for a card set that could outdo Downton Abbey, The Crown, but it won't happen.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The card was going to drop off the peak value after of the wedding. I think everyone expected that, but they also expected the couple to remain popular with the British people. Americans don't have the same feelings toward Royalty because its not in our history and we are not footing the bill for them either. We have are own problems with our leaders. Big Grin

So we're like, its no big deal, let them do what they want. Well I think it is a big deal in the UK and I think it has to negatively effect her card's value if she loses fans in what was supposed to be her new home's market. And that's just keeping it simple when it's a complicated issue for many reasons.

A long time ago Grace Kelly wanted to be a princess too. By all accounts it was a poor choice for her, but she was stuck with it. It's a different time, but history still has a habit of repeating itself.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Harry and Megan have now agreed to drop the His and Her Royal Highness titles and go their own way, at least according to today's news. They will remain a headline for a little while and then no one will care unless something else happens.

If she's not a HRH, that Fringe autograph card is looking more like the common signer it was at the start than the big hit it became. Expect to see a few of them reappear on eBay shortly, there are 3 up now, lowest is $450.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thank god I don't have to genuflect every time I walk past that Fringe binder now.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think it will most likely settle but seeing it go back to the pre Harry days is something I don't see. Ok, they are causing a stir with the Royal Family, all that means is a world of future potential. It's not like they are no longer Duke and Duchess and he is still Prince Harry. It's not like she has to go work at a 7-11 and he gets to do road work in an orange safety vest.

They'll rebrand themselves and however that works out will play on the value of the card. But the days of getting it for $20 are gone.

Posts: 4854 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh it's not going to go back to a common card by any means and if by rebrand you mean going the Kardashian route, I think you're right.

According to reports, which of course may not come to pass, she is hawking for voice over work with Disney and is looking into a fashion line. Nobody's saying what he is going to do, but there must be a Board of Directors somewhere that needs his special expertise.

Failing that there is always reality TV or a remake of Green Acres. Big Grin

Sorry, I find this particular Crown twist and turn hysterical and I do hope the former Royal Highnesses get whatever they deserve.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Failing that there is always reality TV or a remake of Green Acres. Big Grin

Green Acres would be friggin AWESOME!!!

quote:
Sorry, I find this particular Crown twist and turn hysterical and I do hope the former Royal Highnesses get whatever they deserve.

Given that I don't really give the royal family much thought I'm still baffled her card went all crazy...guess it was the potential Diana effect.

As I understand it, what they are doing basically takes them off the payroll of public funds. Maybe they can be the new mold of Royal family who diverts that money to those who are more in need of it. Wink

Posts: 4854 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Maybe they can be the new mold of Royal family who diverts that money to those who are more in need of it. Wink

Yeah, that's their motive. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They're going to have to find a secure place to live. I would think they could make money by making a deal with one of those home renovation shows and letting it help out with the house-hunting and remodeling. The show would need a surprise ending and that would be that the house once done would be auctioned off for a charity.

They should write a book about their transition to private life. People in the US and the UK would buy it.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Both flew into Miami on private jet to be the key note speakers at the JPMorgan Alternative Investment Summit in South Beach. For those unfamiliar, South Beach is like the gold coast in Florida, nothing but wealth.

Harry spoke about his mother, mental health and how he wants to protect his family. Doesn't say what Meghan talked about, but they are negotiating for their first American live news interview. Don't know what that has to do with investments, alternative or traditional. Wink

Yes Jess, I'm sure there will be a book and a book tour and maybe even a movie on the book, where they can play themselves. Did anyone expect that they would really stay in Canada? Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

If they do a book and a movie and they end up moving to northern Florida, the title could be "The Panama City Royals." If they go to South Florida, it could be "The Duke and Duchess of Jupiter."

Jess

quote:
Both flew into Miami on private jet to be the key note speakers at the JPMorgan Alternative Investment Summit in South Beach. For those unfamiliar, South Beach is like the gold coast in Florida, nothing but wealth.

Harry spoke about his mother, mental health and how he wants to protect his family. Doesn't say what Meghan talked about, but they are negotiating for their first American live news interview. Don't know what that has to do with investments, alternative or traditional. Wink

Yes Jess, I'm sure there will be a book and a book tour and maybe even a movie on the book, where they can play themselves. Did anyone expect that they would really stay in Canada? Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
If they do a book and a movie and they end up moving to northern Florida, the title could be "The Panama City Royals." If they go to South Florida, it could be "The Duke and Duchess of Jupiter."

Jess

Well it won't be "Sussex Royals" because the Palace just pulled the plug on their copyrighted name. Seems they aren't going to be allowed to put Royal in anything since they walked away. That foundation or charity that they are setting up will have to be called something else too.

Why does everyone need their own charity to be charitable? It's a rhetorical question. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
"The Duchess of Disrespect" I have not watched it but not hearing good things about the Netflix special.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
"The Duchess of Disrespect" I have not watched it but not hearing good things about the Netflix special.

Netflix thinks that if you like them or dislike them, you will still watch it. The worst thing you can do is ignore them. That's my plan. Wink