Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MEGHAN MARKLE
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Should I be pleased that I have the Fringe season's 1/2 cryptozoic Meghan Markle autograph ?
I went to price it and can't find one on Ebay, does her auto card have any extra value for some reason ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
She's now the girlfriend of Prince Harry. If there's an increased demand in that card I suppose that's the reason.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Prince Harry now stands fifth in line to be King. Not going to happen. He can date or marry anyone he wants, but I really don't need to get her autograph for it, especially since I didn't watch Fringe or Suits and never heard of her before. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did know who she's dating Thumb Up I'm curious though, is her cryptozoic auto just not currently listed or has it become sought after.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I bought the last Fringe autograph of her from ebay last week :-) Yes, it has become more sought after. We'll see how the value does if she becomes royalty... Big Grin

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I purchased one quite a while ago because of her role in Suits.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I purchased one quite a while ago because of her role in Suits.

Same here, picked up her Fringe auto for what I remember to be a low price, all because of Suits.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Prince Harry now stands fifth in line to be King. Not going to happen.
Are you sure ? have you never seen 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' ? Big Grin Wink Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Prince Harry now stands fifth in line to be King. Not going to happen.
Are you sure ? have you never seen 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' ? Big Grin Wink Thumb Up

Or king Ralph. Smile

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking for Megan Markle autographed card.

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Megan17:
Looking for Megan Markle autographed card.

You and everyone else apparently. Big Grin

That Fringe autograph card went from an $8 common to well over $100 now, and that was before the announcement. It has been gathering steam for the last couple of months, so many speculators got in already and should be waiting to cash it in before the wedding. If you really want one it will be available, but it will cost you. Wink

Any sealed Fringe boxes left over from her season are also going through the roof. This is the hottest autograph card right now and probably has lots of room up to the event. I don't know how many she signed, but I don't think that Fringe product was especially overproduced because it was a niche title.

Kevin, I just saw your post, and yes I did see Kind Hearts and Coronets. Alec Guinness was a great actor and how many people only know Obi-Wan Kenobi. Frown

If you liked Coronets, there is a similar good movie you might have seen. Not a comedy, but lots of stars in make up and a mystery, The List of Adrian Messenger. Give it a try if you haven't already.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
@Raven thanks.
I was hoping someone here would have one.

I found one on https://www.spot-plus.top/megh...aph-card-p-9188.html
and bought it but it is fraud. So my credit card closed my card and sent me a new one.

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, you have to be careful with hot cards or even just anything signed that's in demand, but I hope you got your money back.

It seems from the prior posts that a few people here do have her Fringe autograph card from early on. I think they are probably very happy with that now or perhaps even may sell it if it really gets to an attractive price. This forum doesn't entertain sales though, so your best bet is still that auction site, but it's just too late for a good deal.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few have shown up you know where the past few weeks, in the $ 200 range

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, I had no idea who she was until today. So I looked in my Fringe binder and there she is! Wonders never cease.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Believe it or not, I had no idea who she was until today. So I looked in my Fringe binder and there she is! Wonders never cease.

Are you willing to sell it?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Before your post gets censored, not at this time, sorry.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Megan17:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

Are you willing to sell it?

Yeah, as cardaddict indicates, unfortunately, there is a no buying/selling rule here on the forums.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was one on Ebay for $187 or best offer, now it's gone, so, how much do you think the value is now ? I got a email message from someone I don't know asking if I have it, course I have it, I'm the one who started this thread just to gloat Razz

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Has to be over $300 at this point, but this is an ongoing story at least up to the wedding. So based on the actual number signed, which I don't know, I don't think many will shake loose just yet. The price could easily double by the time they get married.

Now there is a danger in both the short term and the long term for this Fringe autograph card.

In the short term, if something crazy happens and they don't get married, the value plummets immediately. In the long term, it's doubtful that the card will sustain its high point, wherever that ends up. Meghan Markle is not taking the throne. The hot publicity will die down and she will just be the wife of a Royal Prince who will not be King. Does anyone remember Sarah Ferguson? Sure they do, but her autograph isn't worth much anymore.

There are a lot of firsts with Markle that make for all the hype and that's going to continue for a long while, but not forever. So as a card collector you have to decide what it is worth to you and the reason why you want to buy it in the first place.