Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What's your worst nightmare?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your worst nightmare?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Spilling drink on your autograph cards Frown
That would do me, wait..... it did Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What about if you just got a, like new, mint condition, Anglo confectionary U F O card from 1970, you (for some reason) put it in your shirt breast pocket and then you bend over to pick something up off the floor, then the next time you look at it, it's got a large crease/bend right through the middle

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
What about if you just got a, like new, mint condition, Anglo confectionary U F O card from 1970, you (for some reason) put it in your shirt breast pocket and then you bend over to pick something up off the floor, then the next time you look at it, it's got a large crease/bend right through the middle
Could have been worse. You could have forgotten it was there altogether and put the shirt in the wash ....... Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having itchy fingers cause you ain't got no boxes to open or you sit with unopened boxes for OTBD and you wanna open them even though OTBD is not due for about a month.....
Oh hang on, these did happen Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My worst nightmare is slowly coming true with TOPPS. My nightmare is that
they will produce a set without a base set- just layer after layer of parallel cards & worthless sketch card.

Posts: 64 | Location: Norton Ohio 44203 | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daleks:
My worst nightmare is slowly coming true with TOPPS. My nightmare is that
they will produce a set without a base set- just layer after layer of parallel cards & worthless sketch card.

How can you have parallel cards if there are no base cards to be parallel of? Confused Big Grin

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Hi- first post in a LONG time here...
I've been collecting since the 70's (that stuff means more to me than anything!). I've never had much to spend on this hobby- I think I was only able to spend $30 in the last year. I have fond memories of opening Star Trek- TNG packs and building the sets in the 90's. Another problem is, there's just nothing new to buy, locally.

Nightmare number one:
This one is a reality. There is very little I'm interested in acquiring that's new.

Nightmare number two:
I lose my interest in collecting, and want to dump what I have, and it turns out to be virtually worthless! Actually, that's almost a reality too LOL

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A fifth "Pirate of the Caribbean" film!

Posts: 8 | Location: Yorkshire | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Not able to find retail (Iron Man 3) Jumbo Packs from Upper Deck here in Canada

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post