Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What's your worst nightmare?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your worst nightmare?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My fear is after several years my cards are stuck to the 9-pocket pages and can't be freed without damaging them. I have had base sets stuck together in a brick after several years of storage.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
James Bond set where Rittenhouse do a composer card and Put David Arnold on the front and JOHN BARRY on the back/number side.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
my worse case I go to bed and dream I spent the last 20years gathering cards collectibles and anything that was shiney , I wake up and realise it was no dream aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Definitely Nuclear War.

Oh, with cards, bent corners.

I wouldn't call them nightmares, but I've had dreams where I found cards that didn't exist, but from sets that were real. Whenever I can remember having those kinds of dreams, I'm always slightly sad when realizing I don't get to bring those incredible new "discoveries" with me.

One really vivid dream I had was with the Twin Peaks Postcards, a set of 61 found in packs of 12 random in the early version of the complete series DVD set. I remember opening the pack of them in the dream, and everything was right, the size and feel of them were perfect, even the Twin Peaks logo that is on them, but the pictures on them had nothing to do with Twin Peaks, somehow appropriate considering it was Twin Peaks.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
my worse case I go to bed and dream I spent the last 20years gathering cards collectibles and anything that was shiney , I wake up and realise it was no dream aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Drool

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
I am a little scared to even think about it...

But, here is my card collecting nightmare, anyway. I store them all in sealed boxes in a climate controlled environment in stackable, rigid, plastic boxes. I have a recurring dream where someone breaks into my house and is able to very easily carry them off because I have them so nicely packaged. In my dream, I come home to an empty room. My wife and I cry.

I think the idea here is to get SO MUCH stuff, there's no way they could ever carry it off without a U-Haul Semi.

I do like that in my collection, there are 10 cent cards in binders with $100 cards, and $3 sets in boxes next to $100 sets in the same kinds of boxes. So unless a thief had all the time in the world, they'd have to be pretty knowledgable to rip me off with any kind of efficiency.

...Wait a minute, you're all on notice!!!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Hey, Chesspieceface. I do IT work for a living. So, when I read your post, I immediately started tracing your IP. Then, I got to the part where you put us on notice. Destroying all of that data now... Big Grin

Seriously, I have a similar setup because I don't store by "value," but rather my theme. The good part of that is all of my stuff is easy to find, but all of my stuff of a specific individual is in one or two boxes, which is bad. It does make it easy to keep track of what I need, though.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
1.Opening two boxes and still not making a full set of basics.

Lived this nightmare all too often recently with base sets Mad

We all do! Pick a Topps set lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
My nightmares: Fire Flood Theft

Opening nightmares... pulling a Buffy 10th Anniversary Stake Card and the prop actually falling out into my hand from the card. Oh wait that actually happened! lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
another star wars set this year Mad

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
1) Mice - they already destroyed some LP's... Little fuzzy #$%#'s.
2) Finding a case of Hellboy just in time for Inkworks to belly up. Anybody need some redemption cards?
3) GETTING AN UNSIGNED DANIEL RADCLIFFE AUTO CARD

oh, and all these have happened

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Pulling a sweet, sweet redemption from a box of cards when the company is no more.
Even if you have taken into account that possibility when buying the box and considered the risk ok.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Fire

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1) Moving home and getting to find loads of cards damaged so you have to fill 3 big rubble bags full of cards and throw them out because they got damaged due to a bad basement!!!!!
2) As some have already said on here buying boxes and getting an all out crud sketch card Frown
Topps IMO were legendary for that, i think Indiana Jones LOTR & a few Star war sets and I shudder...... But in all fairness to topps they do get some fab Sketch artists if your lucky to pull one!!!!!!
3) Having an ap done by a great artist and losing it Frown
4) Having sets with auto's costumes and chase stored in boxes only to be thrown out, (SG Atlantis sets, SG Heroe's & SG Universe) but with this one I was fortunate as they ended up in the loft and not the bin Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Fire

and spiders.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
And killer ants (for those of you with long memories)

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, I remember the Killer Ants...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the killer ants not from a sci fi film called Phase 4?????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Was the killer ants not from a sci fi film called Phase 4?????

KADRAN00157
The scariest killer ants in a film were the giant ants in the 50s classic 'Them!' Eek However, I think this was reference to some real killer ants discussed on a thread a while back.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Buying three boxes of Walking Dead season 3 at over the top prices,the seller I got them from had 1 case and is already selling a one in a case sketch card on ebay.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post