Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    British Horror Collection Preview Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Horror Collection Preview Set
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I haven't seen any discussion of these. Unstoppable just released an 18 card preview set, 600 sets made

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, isn't that nice. I signed up for Unstoppable's email alerts months ago, just so I'd get updates/news about this set in particular. Of course I received no emails and now, after reading your post I see that they are already sold out on Unstoppable's web site.

Not surprising, since it looks like each set contained either an auto, sketch or printing plate, all for $24.95! I'm guessing those in the know snatched these up asap. The Andy Frye sketches on Ebay look very nice. Haven't seen any full sets for sale, though. Guessing they will all get cracked for the special card. Frown

Any friendly dealers out there have these sets for sale? Smile

Edit: ah, now I see the listings; got to remove the "best of" from the keyword search. Wink Fair number of base sets and sealed packs from UK dealers. Some decent prices including shipping. Hmmm... Wonder how picked over those sealed packs are? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would imagine most of the preview packs will have been opened, you should be able to pick up a base set of the 18 cards very cheaply.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've purchased a box and a binder of all of the recent Unstoppable sets, but I never knew of this Preview set until I saw mention of it on Unstoppable's Facebook page yesterday

The only emails I have received from the company the past few months talk about Space 1999 and UFO

However, it looks like the Preview set can be obtained from UK dealers for $ 10-20

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
UK card collectors are at a disadvantage getting most products, except when it comes to manufacturers in their own back yard. Then the coin flips and US collectors have trouble ordering UK product, like Unstoppable.

It does not help that they don't keep to any kind of release schedules either.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yep, I will likely pick up the base cards from the UK, which is all I really wanted in the first place. It just peeves me that I bothered to sign up for product alerts and got nothing. If a business wants to go all FacePage, all the time then fine - shut down your website and only cater to your FacePage followers. You can treat email and websites as ancillary marketing tools but the content and communication needs to be consistent across the board.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
if anyone needs any help getting a preview base set let me know and i will try to help. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
if anyone needs any help getting a preview base set let me know and i will try to help. Wavey

Wave Big Grin

I'll email you later tonight, Mr. Furry Paws. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Unstoppable website seems to be down quite often. You have to go on Facebook to get news about what is going on

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The Unstoppable website seems to be down quite often. You have to go on Facebook to get news about what is going on

Yes, employing backup services if you actually plan to run your business from your site is an awesome thing, SMH. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to get the 18 card preview set for a mere $ 12, which included shipping

Doesn't have any autos, just the 18 cards

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Facebook:

The Best Of British Horror is coming this MARCH 2017!
It's our first ever grand factory set, consisting of a huge 90 Card, ten movie card set, plus 18 gold foil cards, plus two pre-order only bonus cards plus two hits+ of rare Autograph / Sketch Cards from 12 different artists and actors from the ten cult horror movies! We also have an incredible selection of Cut Autograph Cards from Horror Greats such as Peter Cushing & Christopher Lee and many more too. This is a limited edition of just 999 Sets and 200 super limited collectors binders with autograph card.

Posts: 3995 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To be released late March, according to emails from Unstoppable

Plus you get a ton of exclusives if you order a case of 10 boxes, including promos and autos-- but it's over $ 600.00 Frown