Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    those Decision 2016 sketch cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

those Decision 2016 sketch cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted
Well, the saga of how the Decision 2016 political sketch cards came into existence is finally recorded in timeline form:

https://sketchcard.wordpress.c...controversies-part2/

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those sketches don't look so great, in my opinion. Who is the first person supposed to be ? So the article says 150 cases were made, and there was 1 sketch per case ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Those sketches don't look so great, in my opinion. Who is the first person supposed to be ? So the article says 150 cases were made, and there was 1 sketch per case ?

I could be wrong because I don't know the name of every person included, but that might be a better looking version of James Comey. He was included in the set and the sketch doesn't look like much of any of the other candidates. There are decent likenesses on at least a couple of sketches I have seen and I know Brian Kong did something.

But the majority really don't seem to look that good. I think that making a lifelike portrait is probably harder for an artist than anything else, just because we as viewers know what to compare it to. Cartoon portraits of real people don't work well.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the ones of Hillary and Tim Kaine are terrible.

The Kaine sketch looks more like James Carville, Clinton's old strategist from back in the 1990s

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently that mystery sketch is Gary Johnson, the libertarian candidate

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Apparently that mystery sketch is Gary Johnson, the libertarian candidate

Wow, someone knew that! I forgot about him altogether. I think he was the one who was asked about Aleppo and had no clue what it was. Maybe no one cared too much about the Decision 2016 cards because of ALL the people that were running. Ya think . . . Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only reason I knew is because someone is selling it "you know where" and that is what he claims that it is. Smile