Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Do these Harry Potter Artbox packs contain autographs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do these Harry Potter Artbox packs contain autographs?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I have been trying to get my hands on the Harry Potter POA artbox cards for a while now.

I saw someone selling packs, curious if these can actually contain autographs as well.

I realized some specifically say Autographs in the little yellow box, these packs don't but the seller mentions there's a chance to pull auto's. Has anyone had any luck opening these packs?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g...waeJiNWNV/s-l500.jpg

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Individual packs are almost always a trap. One opens a box til they find the hit card and then leave the rest to sell later. Always buy packs an your own risk.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ignoring the fact they can search the packs. Is it actually possible to get autos from these packs?

In other words do these packs contain autos even though they don't list that they do on the packs themselves.

Posts: 4 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were hobby and retail versions of this particular release . If the pack mentions autographs it's the hobby version with a chance to hit autographs , costumes and props , if it just mentions chase cards it's the retail version which did not have any hits other than some foil chase cards .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
There were hobby and retail versions of this particular release . If the pack mentions autographs it's the hobby version with a chance to hit autographs , costumes and props , if it just mentions chase cards it's the retail version which did not have any hits other than some foil chase cards .

Is there a version with just costumes and prop cards? The pack only mentions these two and not autographs.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would offer that you should refer to Allender's checklists and see if you can narrow down exactly which packs you are looking at. There are several versions of PoA cards, but if the packs mention certain hits, but not autographs, it probably means something.

Also, even for the PoA hobby boxes, the one autograph hit was seeded every other box. There were only 10 signers and the Christie was a redemption, so the odds of finding a signature were already harder than in other HP products from the start.

Then loose packs can always be expected to be searched, so that is an answer right there.

Finally, very much like when buying fake autographs, sellers are not held accountable for the misrepresentation of sealed packs because it is not enough to prove that the item is misrepresented. You have to prove that he or she KNEW it was misrepresented and that is almost impossible.

The only time you should ever buy loose packs in my opinion is when all you want are the base cards and inserts.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimjilbang:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Is there a version with just costumes and prop cards? The pack only mentions these two and not autographs.

As far as I am aware ( and bear in mind this is my memory from opening them 18 years ago ! ) there were only the two types of packs , either with all three of the big hits or none of them .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

The listing you posted is for retail packs. No autographs or props in those - and only two different costumes. Here is a link to Jeff Allender's checklist site so you can look at which inserts were released each way:

https://www.nslists.com/hppoaup.htm

And this is what the hobby packs look like...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The above posted photo is from the PoA Update edition, not the original hobby packs from the first Artbox Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban set that only had 9 autograph cards and one autograph redemption card in every other box. Allender also lists that here, along with some others on the main page.

http://nslists.com/hpmovie3.htm

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:

The listing you posted is for retail packs. No autographs or props in those - and only two different costumes. Here is a link to Jeff Allender's checklist site so you can look at which inserts were released each way:

https://www.nslists.com/hppoaup.htm

And this is what the hobby packs look like...

This clears everything up, I was unsure if there was a difference between these packs. Thanks again for your help!!!!