Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oddball cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, and you need an Albertosaurus or Albertella t-shirt for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Thank you for posting these Jess.
I especially enjoyed the Albertosaurus and the Albertella cards! I think I will change my Avatar to one of them.. Wink

Posts: 3471 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have an unusual card, undoubtedly the largest card in my collection. Very hard to store

It is on the 1993 Creators Universe set by Dynamic. Back of card says SG1

It is Hellshock, but it is not the regular sized card that everyone has seen. It is a HUGE movie poster sized card (made of cardboard)

Too large to scan. Not sure if anyone else has seen it. I have no idea as to how I obtained it

Posts: 3344 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't see a source for that poster card on Allender's site and it's not listed on the Creator's Universe page in "Comic Cards and Their Prices" (1994), a detailed guide to comics-related cards released up to 1994. Interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I have an unusual card, undoubtedly the largest card in my collection. Very hard to store

It is on the 1993 Creators Universe set by Dynamic. Back of card says SG1

It is Hellshock, but it is not the regular sized card that everyone has seen. It is a HUGE movie poster sized card (made of cardboard)

Too large to scan. Not sure if anyone else has seen it. I have no idea as to how I obtained it

Posts: 3471 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He lists

Hellshock Print (Poster-sized, numbered to 2500)
-- Hellshock Jae Lee

However, I am fairly certain that mine says SG1 on the back.

Posts: 3344 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd might not list this one in his PCE promo update because this is a set of promo stickers rather than cards so I'll note them here among the oddball cards. At the moment I understand it to be a 4-card set of unnumbered Furby stickers (Con Agra Foods/Tiger Electronics, 1999) but there might be more. They were inserted one per package of Kid Cuisine dinners and they're a little smaller, 2 1/4 x 3 3/16 inches, than standard card size. They promote the Furby toys that were popular at the time.

These stickers are distinguishable by the color of the Furby on the front. The backs offer a list of English words with the Furby language (Furbish) translation included. These stickers are also odd because they have kind of a furry front surface.

n.n. (light brown, black, and white Furby)
n.n. (dark brown, black, and white Furby)
n.n. (black and yellow Furby)
n.n. (blue and pink)