Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Twilight Breaking Dawn Set?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Breaking Dawn Set?
 Login/Join

Picture of RedFive
posted
Are we not going to get a Breaking Dawn set? Frown

Maybe I just missed something because I usually just collect SW and ST cards - but I do not see it in the NSU release schedule.

I fortunately have the other Twilight sets, and just picked up a couple of Breaking Dawn 4-card promo packs from Hastings that I was hoping to trade for something in the Breaking Dawn Trading Card set.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I've been asking my distributors the same question for a couple of months. They both say NECA won't reply to their emails or calls.

There's been on seller on eBay touting that cards are coming mid-December. But I doubt the reliability of that info and the price he's asking is a tad on the high side.

Short answer: Nothing yet from NECA. But that could change.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This almost makes sense from NECA. With New Moon there was a binder noted on the packs. I emailed and ended up calling also, the day of the release and I was told that they sold out. I have yet to see a real NECA New Moon binder.

Also with the release of the Eclipse set having inserts that were not really different looking than the base cards, it was pretty disappointing. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even release a set.

Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Just moving this back up to the top to see if anyone has hear anything on these? I have a girlfriend that wants a set of them...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Just moving this back up to the top to see if anyone has hear anything on these? I have a girlfriend that wants a set of them...

This may be related to why there was no Topps(UK) set for Eclipse.I was really frustrated they did not do a photocard set as the first two sets sold really well.

When I asked them why they were not doing Eclipse they said it was because they could not get enough photos in advance from the film company to put together a decent set.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dru'sgarden
posted Hide Post
I was beginning to think I was the only one hoping for a Breaking Dawn card set. I can't find any of the Twilight movie cards in the stores I go to anymore. It's very discouraging. Twak

Posts: 495 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point I am assuming that NECA will not put out a set.

I find some packs from the first 3 movies at Target occasionally in the $0.99 bin. I usually buy them all as I still need a couple of the inserts from Twilight and Eclipse.

Maybe they are waiting for the last movie to release a Breaking Dawn set.

Posts: 30 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post