Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Simpsons Redemption Card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simpsons Redemption Card
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All

i was helping clearing out the loft of a closing toy shop building and i came a cross some sealed boxes of the Simpsons.4 in total,all the same.i opened them and i came across a card different from any other in the set.it says Lucky day on the card.Bart is holding a shamrock and has hoeseshoes around him.the card is in foil and is very nice looking.there is alot of writing on the back that says i can send it in to get a sketch card.

Any help would be great.thanks

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
The card in question is the "lucky day redemption card" from the first skybox Simpsons set. It was redeemable for a Matt Groening sketch (no longer redeemable). The redemption cards were not returned to the winner, therefore extremely rare. It is by far and wide the rarest and most coveted "holy Grail" card of the Simpsons collector. Congrats on your find!! Truly a lucky day. I do need one to complete my master set.... but there is no way I could afford it.

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW.You have one very rare card.it 2 to 3 times more rare than the sketch card that you got when you sent the card in.look after it.its worth a lot of money.theres not many around.you have proberly pulled the last one aswell.??

Almost 20 years old and pack fresh. Eek
amazing.im shocked.just goes to show they are still gems out there.congrats Metal

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's value is at least $800 since that what I would pay for one.

Easy, easy, moderators, this in no way constitutes an an offer to buy the card as the owner of it would be crazy to sell it to me for that. There are Simpsons collectors worldwide with WAY deeper pockets than mine. I know this for sure from my experience buying and selling Simpsons cards all of the world (since I first got on the internet in 1997 or so, that is).

Indeed, if this card were listed for auction and it didn't ultimately go to someone in Italy, England, Spain, or Australia, I would be astonished. Each of those countries has noted Simpsons card collectors who have repeatedly paid big money for Simpsons cards, and this one really is the kingpin of pack issued Simpsons cards.

Anyway, congrats on your find. 'Twas indeed a "Lucky Day" for you!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
It's value is at least $800 since that what I would pay for one.

Easy, easy, moderators, this in no way constitutes an an offer to buy the card as the owner of it would be crazy to sell it to me for that. There are Simpsons collectors worldwide with WAY deeper pockets than mine. I know this for sure from my experience buying and selling Simpsons cards all of the world (since I first got on the internet in 1997 or so, that is).

Indeed, if this card were listed for auction and it didn't ultimately go to someone in Italy, England, Spain, or Australia, I would be astonished. Each of those countries has noted Simpsons card collectors who have repeatedly paid big money for Simpsons cards, and this one really is the kingpin of pack issued Simpsons cards.

Anyway, congrats on your find. 'Twas indeed a "Lucky Day" for you!

When i first found out what it was i was gutted that i couldnt claim the sketch,i would of been happy to swap the card for the sketch.after doing some investigating.this card is the rarest of all the simpsons cards and im thrilled to own it!!'holy grail' indeed. Smile

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your unexpected find. Thumb Up

This is one aspect of card collecting that I fully understand based on the principal of supply and demand, and yet I always find illogical. How can the item that is meant to win the prize become worth more than the prize after it can't be redeemed? Big Grin

Well it can, and in this case it does. Wink But if the redemption can command that kind of value on the secondary market at this time, I would sell it in a heartbeat. Dance

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Congratulations on your unexpected find. Thumb Up

This is one aspect of card collecting that I fully understand based on the principal of supply and demand, and yet I always find illogical. How can the item that is meant to win the prize become worth more than the prize after it can't be redeemed? Big Grin

Well it can, and in this case it does. Wink But if the redemption can command that kind of value on the secondary market at this time, I would sell it in a heartbeat. Dance

Its a good point but its only worth what someone is willing to pay at any particular time?i have had few offers!!

posted Hide Post
hi,
did anyone see this ebay auction for another lucky day card?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291174...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

I wonder if the sale happened?

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
If anyone has the lucky day card please contact me. I will make them a strong offer.
thx u,
eric