Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
HOW TO PACKAGE CARD SETS FOR SALE?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7447042616

February 03, 2012, 06:34 PM
MOWOLFE555
HOW TO PACKAGE CARD SETS FOR SALE?
Question to all you pros? What do use to inexpensively package card sets for sale? Do you use shrink wrap or stretch wrap? Do not want to put them in plastic cases. Let me know. Thanks
February 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
peterc
Sturdy tissue. double layered wrapped around the cards carefully. So they are nice and even then use tape to secure them.

Team set bags. good for any average sized card set. 30 or so in each bag, then tape those together and mark card numbers in each bag for buyer with little post it notes.

Inxepensive lightweight plastic cases (tons of them used for sale on ebay).

9 pocket pages in notebooks. Not so inexpensive bit real nice presentation.

Personaly I dont like the whole wrap em in plastic baggies method.

Just my two cents worth
February 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
tangent
I use plastic comic bags. I cut the edges of the bag off to make 2 (archive quality) sheets. Each sheet wraps a base set and I tape the sheet closed. This holds the set tight, which protects it. They also stack nicely in my spares cupboard.

If I am mailing, I will use a padded bag.
February 04, 2012, 01:44 AM
Scifi Cards
I shrink wrap my common sets. When you have over 3000 sets a 40 cent box adds up fast.

For more expensive sets I use either Ultra Pro 2 piece slide boxes or Pro Mold Snap lid boxes. I prefer the Pro Mold as they are smaller.

Shrink wrap has it's disadvantages though. I've never found any that are considered Archival Safe. Also, one drop (even a small one) and the corners can get dinged up.

I've considered going back to boxes, but it's just too expensive when the average set sells for $10 or less delivered.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 04, 2012, 02:54 AM
treksearcher
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
I use plastic comic bags. I cut the edges of the bag off to make 2 (archive quality) sheets. Each sheet wraps a base set and I tape the sheet closed. This holds the set tight, which protects it. They also stack nicely in my spares cupboard.

That's the method I use, seems to work for me.
August 26, 2012, 01:09 AM
Chrillips
In my experience, the only sets that really sell are the ones in 9-card pages. I think it's because it saves the buyer the time and effort of buying the pages and putting the cards in the pages (aka, lazy collectors).
When the sets sell in the card pages, I get cheap 3-ring binders (some thrift stores have piles of them, and they're in beter condition than you'd think), wrap bubble-wrap around the bulk of the pages, and tape the Hell out of it so they don't move.
When the cards are loose and in a card box (which is a rare sell), I make sure the cards can't move inside the box, then use little foam sheets that are a by-product from work to pad the card box.

Short Answer- Bubblewrap the Hell out of the cards, or use foam inserts. Seems the most secure to me- I've seen some Postal Juggling, and the Concrete Dead-Drop makes me cringe.

-eBay Seller ID: Randomcarrot
Want List in "Interests" in Profile.
August 26, 2012, 01:34 AM
Scifi Cards
I've had problems receiving sets in 9 pocket pages many times. Even if you wrap the pages, the bottom 2 rows can slide up and out of the pocket.

Plus, the 9 pocket pages and a cheap binder are heavy compared to a shrink wrapped set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 26, 2012, 07:40 AM
Triple-Frog
I wrap them in plastic and then put a top loader at either end and tape it securely.Adds a bit of weight but prevents dinged edges.Only exception is Breygent where I just leave them in the box Smile .
August 26, 2012, 08:58 AM
goldenavenger
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

This is what I do also.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
August 30, 2012, 05:45 AM
JR2D2
I use either tissue paper I have spare from parcels, shoe boxes, etc., if this runs out I use brown parcel paper (I've been doing more of latter recently). With either method I use tape to secure it.

I have never had a problem doing it this way. I just make sure for shipping that I either use a box that fits the set tightly or use lightweight materials such as crumpled newspaper, foam or bubble wrap.

These methods really keep shipping prices down to as low as possible. As I offer free shipping on any items I sell this really does help me out loads.
August 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
John Tirohn
I am very careful in packaging cards I sell depending on the number and size. I hate buying cards online as many times they use a regular envolope with a loose card inside or tape several cards together with something protecting the front and back but forgetting edges.
May 18, 2018, 07:41 AM
TC00
Depends on quantity.

For base sets I used Team Bags (Plastic, self sealing) which are great. If extra protection is needed I put this in a Deck Box.

For individual cards I usually put them into a single sleeve and put that into a card topper and tape the end.

For extra care I always try to ship in bubble wrapped envelopes.

Some people just put the card(s) lose unwrapped into the bubble padded envelope. They're often fine but can still be easily damaged going through the mail machines.
May 18, 2018, 12:18 PM
xtime
Sealable sandwich baggies. A little trimming and some tape. Inexpensive and flexible, but it requires some time and effort.

Elephant