Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    toploader binders in the u.k.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

toploader binders in the u.k.
 Login/Join

posted
does anyone know of any stores or dealers that sell toploader binders in th u.k.?any info would be great

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whats a top loader binder?

There are 4 pocket pages which go in a binder that would take toploaders.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I never heard of a top loader binder and don't know why anyone would need it. If I want to keep the cards in their top loaders I store them in a box (almost never), otherwise they go into 9 pocket pages.

I do have some 3 and 4 pocket pages, but that's only for oversized or unusually thick cards, and I keep them in the same binders as the regular cards.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.toploaderbinder.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJE33yHhao0

they look great and i want 1 for my autograph cards!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Mark

I have been thinking about this item for awhile, but I don't think they are available in the UK. You can search for friendly US dealers Wave who may have them available.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi steve

they look like they would cost ££ to ship over here but i thought they would be available by now.every shop or fair ive been to never has them.i just hope a dealer takes the plunge and starts selling them.they look great.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well your right about the postage, it would make it an exspensive item to get it here.

Much cheaper option is to get a normal binder for less than £5 at any comic shop or fair and buy some 4 pocket pages to put in it.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
hi steve

they look like they would cost ££ to ship over here but i thought they would be available by now.every shop or fair ive been to never has them.i just hope a dealer takes the plunge and starts selling them.they look great.

I can't tell by the image but would the sleeves fit in any 3 Ring binder? It would be cheaper than having the whole Binder shipped over from the U.S.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i do think some dealer will pick some up to sell in the u.k.i think they are great and well designed.it will make my star trek auto cards look ace.i have got in touch with the company who makes them and they do ship to the u.k.just waiting now for a price?? Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I can't tell by the image but would the sleeves fit in any 3 Ring binder? It would be cheaper than having the whole Binder shipped over from the U.S.
No they don't fit in a standard size 3 ring binder but they will fit in a foolscap binder. The problem there is that you have to punch some new holes in the sleeves as foolscap binders only come with 2 rings. I went this route myself last year as the cheapest option. Unfortunately, shipping a binder plus sleeves to the UK would incur 20% VAT and a handling fee which would make the cost prohibitively high Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Does anyone know if shipping a document in a binder brings it into the Printed Matter catagory for Custome & Excise, thus avoiding the VAT and Royal Mail handling fees.

I only ask because I had a binder shipped with comics once and the Customs and Excise opened the package and resealed it as VAT Exempt Printed Matter.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy again,

I realise that the comics were if fact exempt but I expected the binder to be charged.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I watched the video. The idea of the binder is great, but geez, can you keep the camera still? It seems no matter who is making a video or movie today, they think it is new wave to make the viewer dizzy. I have walked out of movies because of this. Anyway, I watched the video for about 5 seconds and started to get nauseous. Had to turn it off. But I like the binder idea! I have so many cards in top loaders. They are all stored in a box and I think the binder allows you to view the cards better and makes them more available to you instead of having to dig out the box and thumb through all of your cards.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just heard from the company themselves this morning!!

we have not shipped any to any UK dealers, we sell them pretty much direct to customers,
shipping is pretty expensive internationally, but we have found that the shipping per binder is less if you purchase 2 at a time. i is around $50 s&h but 2 is about & $70
thanks for your interest in our product
Colin

Colin & Christiane Mercer
NW Cardsupplies / Sportstech

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

$50 to post a binder. Eek

even the loopies on ebay don't go that far.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
i just heard from the company themselves this morning!!

we have not shipped any to any UK dealers, we sell them pretty much direct to customers,
shipping is pretty expensive internationally, but we have found that the shipping per binder is less if you purchase 2 at a time. i is around $50 s&h but 2 is about & $70
thanks for your interest in our product
Colin

Colin & Christiane Mercer
NW Cardsupplies / Sportstech

Is that $50 S&H or $50 total including S&H? Either way it seems expensive, especially if you have VAT on top of that.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Is that $50 S&H or $50 total including S&H? Either way it seems expensive, especially if you have VAT on top of that.
That's just the S&H. Bear in mind the binder ships with 30 of the special sheets too, so it's very heavy. That's why I only ordered some sheets from them last year and picked up a suitable binder here in the UK. It's a useful product but prohibitively expensive to buy outside the States Frown

P.S. Don't forget you also have to add on £8.00-£13.50p handling charge on top of the VAT.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
think at those prces i will give it a miss.heres to hoping a dealer from the u.k. can work out a deal to bring them over here??

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried Bags Unlimited? They have been a longtime supporter of Non-Sport Update and the Philly Show (and thus, Card Talk too). I don't know if their rates to the U.K. are reasonable (or even if they ship overseas) but you might try 'em. It's good to support the folks who support NSU and this forum, right? Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Has anyone tried Bags Unlimited? They have been a longtime supporter of Non-Sport Update and the Philly Show (and thus, Card Talk too). I don't know if their rates to the U.K. are reasonable (or even if they ship overseas) but you might try 'em. It's good to support the folks who support NSU and this forum, right? Smile

I've had a quick check of their site and can't find any Top Loader Binders?