Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BENCHWARMER DISASTER
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I just opened a sealed box of benchwarmer 2007 trading cards and there were no chase cards whatsoever in the box,the front of the box says,three authentic autograph cards in every box on average,and on the breakdown it also says a mary riley fx foil in every 24 packs and a HI number in every 4 packs ?
I AM FURIOUS,even though 3 year old is there something that happened with these boxes I didn't hear about ?
does anyone know how I can contact benchwarmers ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about this product at all. . . That totally sucks, but as the product is several years old I'm not sure what type of resolution you should be expecting. Perhaps your better source of resolution would be the dealer who sold you the product. . . I dunno. . . Anyway -- if you want to contact BenchWarmer they have a website at benchwarmer.com

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First time I have heard of problems with a Benchwarmer product.There is a link to their website in the card manufacturers section on the NSU homepage.

Did the clear cellophane outer packaging have the benchwarmer logo on it?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That's very disappointing - that was a very nice set

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it wasn't opened, cherry picked and resealed?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of that in 2007. I know this was a mishap in 2003. Check to make sure the shrink wrap has the benchwarmer logo on it. Brian (pres.) is a great guy and will do you good if the box had not been tampered with.

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
cheifbrody, was a sealed box or repack box?

Because I saw a lot of sellers in eBay selling repack boxes or pre-production boxes and some of this sellers don't said it in the description or if you buy a lot hide them within the sealed boxes.

Last year, I bought from a seller "New Sealed Boxes" from Batman Saga of the Dark Knight. One of the boxes was a New Sealed Box, but the other was a "Repack" from Walmart. I noted it when I saw the Walmart price tags in the packs. Mad

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Are you sure it wasn't opened, cherry picked and resealed?

Without knowing anything about this, I would bet that's exactly what happened. Shake Head

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,thanks for all the reply's Smile
this box was in tight shrink wrap with Benchwarmer logo printed on it (still have it)2007 is written on the cards,April Scott is on box holding a baseball and mit glove,
there were 24 packs of 5 cards,I had the whole set of 72 cards (and they are lovely cards) and 48 seconds (double's)

Kane it was a sealed box on the ebay page,listing exactly what it says on the box
eshegg,what was the mishap 2003 ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
What company made the cards? Because the only company that I know to "guarantee" that you maybe have the "the great luck" to find zero inserts/chase cards in a box is Comic Images. Big Grin

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in 2003, there were some cases that made it out of the factory with no inserts or autos. Just write Benchwarmer. He will take care of you.

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Trouble is I can t use email,I keep getting error pop3 or somesuch,the dealer I bought off said he emailed brian ? on my behalf,no reply yet but it is holiday season,I remember reading here,someone who had nil in a Indy heretage box,not even a lousey foil (lol) or a wrapped box topper,and yes kane I bought a box of wwf cards for £37.00 once and got 1 chrome card chase Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I remember reading here,someone who had nil in a Indy heretage box,not even a lousey foil (lol) or a wrapped box topper. Big Grin

The premium inserts in the Topps Indy boxes were ratioed in a such a way that you could easily get a dud box. The boxes were cheap and it was a chance you took. You shouldn't compare that to your Benchwarmer box. I could see being short changed on one autograph card, but to be missing all three is not normal.

If there was a wide spread problem in the manufacturing process on a 2007 release I would think that the regular buyers would have reported it already. Either you have a very isolated incident or someone searched and removed the packs with the hits, replacing them with packs that contained base cards only and resealing the box. I know that I've torn into boxes without looking too closely, so who knows?

Since the seller seems willing to try and help you that's a good thing. Lots of luck with it. Smile

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the problem raven,there were in this set a chase card run called HI cards,they were 1/4 packs,if someone cherry picked,how could they have possibly got all 6 of these cards and why would they want to take all minor cards ?

I had a star trek box once,that said 2 costume cards per box,I got 1,I told rittenhouse and they kindly sent me a 2nd,
(I think this was a weird box cause I also should have had x2 t v guide cover chase cards and got 0
then I had a bond box with one auto instead of 2 and I was furious,but they wouldn t do anything about that because it must have been like crying wolf.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah chiefbrody, most definitely you can get shortchanged in boxes. And if its a reasonably current product and it comes from the right manufacturer they will send you a replacement with no questions asked. Inksworks was very good with customer service when it was in business and RA probably sets the standard now. There are other manufacturers who pretty much won't honor anything without proof and if its from a older product you are just wasting your time altogether.

So screwy things do happen in the packing process, but this is a very bad box and its 3 years old, so it could have gone through many hands before it got to you. Hopefully you'll be able to contact Benchwarmer and at least get a response to the obvious question of "Are they aware of other complaints with this issue?"

It would be very customer friendly if they or the seller could give you some compensation for the loss of so many cards. Please post the outcome when you have it, hope it works out. Smile

posted Hide Post
With Benchwarmer being a relatively small and definitely niche company, I imagine you should at least receive a response.

Keep us posted!

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Let us know what happens... I agree with weasel-king.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I got bitten on a box of Clone Wars trading cards back when the set was released. The box was sold as a complete box but on arrival the box had been opened and repacked. I got zero chase cards as the box was clearly repacked with dud boosters that had either been weighed or left over after the chase allocation of other boxes had been reached.

I hope you get a resolution from Benchwarmer or the seller.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to sdd a happy note,brian at benchwarmers more than made up more my lose,benchwarmers rule Wink
opened my box of benchwarmer bubblegum on christmas eve,fab cards,but the gum does have a bitter after taste lol

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear everything worked out!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post