Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BENCHWARMER DISASTER
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I would like to sdd a happy note,brian at benchwarmers more than made up more my lose,benchwarmers rule Wink
opened my box of benchwarmer bubblegum on christmas eve,fab cards,but the gum does have a bitter after taste lol

A lot of people don't like Brian because of Razor, and now to a lesser extent Leaf, but I've seen nothing but him trying to bend over backwards to keep collectors satisfied.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I think/hope he means Brian Wallos and not Brian Gray. If the latter has his hands in Benchwarmer (on top of everything else), that will just be one more product I can no longer support.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
I think/hope he means Brian Wallos and not Brian Gray. If the latter has his hands in Benchwarmer (on top of everything else), that will just be one more product I can no longer support.

I could swear Brian Gray does Benchwarmer now, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess it's possible Brian Wallos borrowed the idea of Vault from Gray.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Brian Gray does not own Benchwarmer. I believe him and Brian Wallos work together from time-to-time, but as totally separate companies.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Actually, I'd bet you're right. Gray used the old Razor twitter account to announce a Benchwarmer release in late 2009 before using the same account to announce the move to "leaf_cards". Mad
Thanks for the info, Ryan.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Benchwarmer cards are distributed by Leaf now.

When I order, they are listed under the Leaf products. But, nowhere on the Benchwarmer box does it mention Leaf, so I think it's just a distribution deal.

Similar to what Inkworks did with both Panini (Naruto) and Dynamic Forces (Dawn 15th).

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post