Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    DC comics Trading Cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC comics Trading Cards?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hello,
Someone knows, Dc comics, it was throwing some box of trading cards, it the last her that I throw was Batman Archives and JlA Archives. But this one in future project some new collection with Illustrators ( does it happen, with Marvel) with illustrations of great quality, and not , to drawings of the golden age, or silver?
Thank you

Posts: 8 | Location: Spain | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have not heard anything about new sets from DC. only ones i am aware of are JLA, Batman Archives, and DC Legacy before that.

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is a pity, that Dc, does not want to exploit this world, of the trading cards, actually an illustrators' great quality has, that doing a splendid work. Really it upsets me, I am a great fan of Dc comics. How many the collections it has foreseen to launch Marvel trading cards, during 2012 ? . The only thing that I do not like is that many of his illustrations are extracted of the pages of comics, and they are not the only illustrations for the trading cards,I miss to wonderful works of the collections of the 90 (marvel masterpieces95,96) they were authentic works of art. And with incredible details like the signatures in gold, or the canvas. Rittenhouse to do this some day, or other company?

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevemcqueen,

Posts: 8 | Location: Spain | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
There were three Rittenhouse DC sets: DC Legacy, Batman Archives, and JLA Archives. The license finished and DC is not interested in letting any company produce DC sets.

Also, DC controlled the contents of the Rittenhouse release, and the cards were not as good as the Marvel sets by Rittenhouse released at the same time.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
There were three Rittenhouse DC sets: DC Legacy, Batman Archives, and JLA Archives. The license finished and DC is not interested in letting any company produce DC sets.

Also, DC controlled the contents of the Rittenhouse release, and the cards were not as good as the Marvel sets by Rittenhouse released at the same time.

Thank you,
I repeat the same thing, it is a pity, whenever see the covers of many Dc's comics, I to want to see in Trading cards this illustrations, I wait and wish, that Dc something does to solve it, overcoat, if Marvel has a great success, in these works, Everything is a question of wanting to do it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While DC charachters may have been arround longer, they just do not sell anywhere as well as Marvel charachters. I know that I lost money on all three sets and wouldn't invest in another, especially with the way that DC controls the set to death.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:

I have to partly disagree with you. The DC Legacy set was a great set. JLA was weak, didn't do Batman. I prefer the sets that cover a larger aspect of the comic universe (i.e. Marvel Masterpieces) and I agree that the companies are too restrictive on the manufacturers. Would love to see a DC Universe set just like the Marvel Universe set Rittenhouse recently put out.

If you want a nice inexpensive set to put together 1994 DC Master series was a nice looking set.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have this series, and that of Outburts Firepower, expect to buy a box of DC villains, some day, but I to see the quality of the ilustrations, in the cover of the actual comics, they deserve a collection of trading cards, but in the collections that to launch to the sale Dc, not show to be this quality (Batman archives, jla, Legacy) is very low quality with regard to marvel. I to wish Dc's future collections (gold signes, holoflash, sketches .....) but sincerely I doubt this, and it saddens me

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to partly disagree with you. The DC Legacy set was a great set. JLA was weak, didn't do Batman. I prefer the sets that cover a larger aspect of the comic universe (i.e. Marvel Masterpieces) and I agree that the companies are too restrictive on the manufacturers. Would love to see a DC Universe set just like the Marvel Universe set Rittenhouse recently put out.

DCL was a very nice set but BA then JLA were progressively worse and if dealers don't think they can make money off it then it doesn't matter how nice the set is.

Only way I can see this happening is if they come out with an extremely limited release (2000/1000 boxes/packs say) and try to build demand but I supposed until a certain point it's not worth their trouble.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
The DC sets are where it pays to not care about the chase sets. You can get the base sets for realtively cheap. But if dealers aren't able to make any money off the chase sets then really what's the point.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Since the '90s, DC Comics always showed that they miss the point with the trading cards. They made 2 "Universe" style series without the Batman Family. They have a good "Universe" style with their DC Masterpieces, but contrary to Marvel. Their trading cards products are always behind Marvel.

Some of the Rittenhouse comic based products aren't bad, but aren't great either. But like in the '90s, the DC Comics products are the worst. I saw the promos from these products and you expect something better. For example the JLA #1 card from the base set. Who was the idiot that avoid a classic group picture for the 1rst card of the base and decide it looks better as a promo?

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
It seems like DC have decided to get back into the trading cards business with the Cryptozoic announcement (some other thread here that i am too lazy to find). However, that might just be the DC movies like Green Lantern and whatever they have next.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post