Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    WCW Series 1(help needed and do i open or not??)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WCW Series 1(help needed and do i open or not??)
 Login/Join

posted
as a big wwe fan,i couldnt resist picking these up from 1998.great price aswell.12 sealed hobby boxes.taking a quick look at the checklist and some big names signed for this set!

cant see any boxes online anywhere and i have no idea what these are worth but i would take a punt a $50-60? so either way i think ive hit on a good one??even if there are only 1 autograph in every 2 boxes?a little puzzled why these ended up in England aswell??

i will have to do some research on these.so any help would be great.thanks

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
Assuming you mean the series by Topps, autographs were in 1:40 packs.

Here's the checklist with scans for this series: http://www.wrestlingtradingcar...cw_nwo_series_1.html

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
Oh, and regarding the value... a UK dealer has them listed for £10.00 BIN per factory sealed box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topp...sd%3D271147373621%26

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those are retail boxes in the Ebay auction, so they are different than what Simpsoncardman bought, since the retail boxes have no autographs in them, but they do have exclusive stickers.

I think they would've sold already at that price, were there autographs possible in them.

Estephano, as a general rule of the board, I think is OK to talk about prices for something on Ebay (or elsewhere), but I don't think we're supposed to post direct links to active listings in the regular section, since it is like advertising.

Welcome to the board! Wavey

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Estephano, as a general rule of the board, I think is OK to talk about prices for something on Ebay (or elsewhere), but I don't think we're supposed to post direct links to active listings in the regular section, since it is like advertising.

Welcome to the board! Wavey

I didn't mean to advertise anything, especially since I don't even know the seller. I just wanted to give the OP a link to look at what the box sells for. I felt throwing in a price without reference/back-up wasn't right.

So what boxes were the autographs in if it says autographs can be found in 1:40 packs?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The ones with autographs will usually have a little "H" symbol on them which stands for hobby, and very often, if a Topps set has autographs, it'll also say so right on the box.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The ones with autographs will usually have a little "H" symbol on them which stands for hobby, and very often, if a Topps set has autographs, it'll also say so right on the box.

each box has an'H'on it.so they are hobby boxes.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post