Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question about Artbox redemption cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Artbox redemption cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted
I got a box of Harry Potter Memorable Moments 2 cards in one of my Artbox goody bags and was wondering if I should open it or not. Most of the good autographs are via redemption and I was wondering if Artbox redemptions have expirations and if they honor them past the expiration like Inkworks used to do.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jdbuzz44
posted Hide Post
I cracked a box last month and turned in my expired redemption...and artbox honored and reedemed it within 2 weeks. I'm almost postive (you should contact them)..that they have all MM2 and Half Blood Prince expired redemptions in stock. They even honored an expired Order of the Phoenix autograph for me last year. artbox is pretty good about that in most cases...

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
Contact Artbox, for sure. I'm in the same boat, and I really like the answer I received. Smile

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i recently e-mailed Artbox and asked if the expired redemptions for Half-Blood Prince would still be honored as I was considering a case purchase of this product.

Their response:

"Please disregard the expiration dates on the cards, and send it into us. We will be happy to redeem the cards with the original autographs."

so, it sounds good that relatively recent (past couple years) redemptions would still be honored.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I would hope this applies to all companies. I only put an expiration date on the cards to cover my butt from having to honor them forever (in the even I run out or lose them), but if I still have the redemptions (which in most cases, I do) I continue to honor them years after the printed expiration date.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
I would hope this applies to all companies. I only put an expiration date on the cards to cover my butt from having to honor them forever (in the even I run out or lose them), but if I still have the redemptions (which in most cases, I do) I continue to honor them years after the printed expiration date.

Well yes that is a great customer service policy and I applaud it, but please also remember what happened with Inkworks.

Everyone got so use to them honoring all redemptions regardless of any expiration date that collectors were holding on to them. When Inkworks unexpectedly closed up shop, collectors were stuck with now worthless redemptions and dealers had unopened boxes with worthless redemptions. To make matters worse, a huge amount of inventory of premium insert cards from redemptions and also from unsold product was sold off in bulk and hit the market quickly thereafter.

I'm not comparing what you said to the Inkworks situation, I'm just saying that in my opinion the best redemption is no redemption. As long as the card can physically fit into the pack, and with perhaps some concealing packaging, it should be seeded. If some things don't come in on time I would rather see a card manufacturer miss the scheduled release date than get boxes with even a few redemptions in it. Generally I won't even buy the product if a know that a significant number of redemptions are included.

As for Artbox and Harry Potter, they do try hard with their service, but some collectors are still waiting on Mad Eye autographs for over two years. Now that one has gotten way out of hand. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after my previous post and answer from artbox, decided to go ahead and purchase some Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince cards. got two redemption cards (Michael Gambon and Ralph Ineson). sent them to artbox about two weeks ago and received the autos today. very pleased.

while no redemptions is the best thing, they are still honoring expired redemptions for autos they have in stock.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I agree Raven, if it can fit in the box, include it. But there are a lot of fun redemptions that can't fit in the box, and I'd rather have them (uncut sheets, dvds, and such) as redemptions, rather than not have the option of getting them at all.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
I agree Raven, if it can fit in the box, include it. But there are a lot of fun redemptions that can't fit in the box, and I'd rather have them (uncut sheets, dvds, and such) as redemptions, rather than not have the option of getting them at all.

That post was a few months old, I had to re-read it myself. Big Grin

But yeah absolutely, in fact its great to have those non-card items in the mix and a redemption is the only way to go.

What we were talking about was the practice of issuing redemptions because certain premium cards were not ready to be seeded in time for the release date. That's the stuff that manufacturers should try to avoid, and for the most part now I think they do. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post