Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What is This 1995 Marvel Card ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is This 1995 Marvel Card ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Can't post a link, as it is an active auction

Canvas card with 1995 date, apparently from the Fleer/SkyBox Marvel Masterpieces set of that year. Shows Iceman of the X-Men while back shows Bishop. Art by Scanlan

Back says PROMOTIONAL SAMPLE

I've never seen nor heard of this one

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
That's a new one to me?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen that one either.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now that it sold for $ 300, I guess I can post the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-F...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
First time I saw that too (at least that I can recall). I'd add it to my want list, but there's no room. My want list will NEVER be filled.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A previously unknown promo from 22 years ago !

Just when you thought you had it all...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
That is amazing that this card is just being discovered by the collectors Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Scanlans is a very old Australian Company that had many titles to its credit in Aussie. Very little of this product made its way out of Australia/New Zealand which might explain its rarity.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Scanlan refers to the artist who painted the image on the front of the card, Peter Scanlan, and not a company.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a photo of this card they can send me? I didn't get a chance to see it. Thanks!

Posts: 28 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auction is long gone

It had the same front as the regular canvas chase card from the set, 10 of 22, but the back did not have that number

Instead it said PROMOTIONAL SAMPLE

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks.

Posts: 28 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post