Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada Post
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I do not know wether this is in the right place or not.
However here goes.
July 2 I paid $16 for Airmail shipping to New Zealand October 10 I received the parcel.
I have been trying to find a way to contact Canada Post to put in a complaint but they have no public e mail address.
Can anyone on this forum let me know how to contact Canada Post
Thanks
Piko

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
piko, try this page: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/...efault.page#panel2-1
In lieu of an email address they have an online contact bot that generates an email after categorizing it first.
'.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff I think i have tried it and got lost but will follow your instructions and see where I can get too
Piko

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like the "category" choices suggest that 'Delivered Late' would be used if you're asking for a refund, so 'Not Delivered/Received' may be the place to lodge a complaint. Did you have tracking history to find out whether the delay was in Canada or in NZ? Sometimes I've had to try both countries because they don't always include the other side's, but it would be interesting if Canada says it was dispatched in July and New Zealand says they received it in October. It could be the problem was in air cargo at one end or the other, and maybe both postal authorities tried their best. For most of the delayed packages I've seen coming to USA the issue was in a distribution center (sometimes a 'partner' facility) in USA. But sometimes tracking at the receiving hub is based on when the sending hub's records says it was sent, and it didn't actually get scanned at the receiving end. I've seen package tracking that says it left the shipper and arrived, then another entry saying it also left the shipper a month later. You'd think the postal authorities would like to know about it even if it wasn't their error.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it was not tracked too expensive from Canada.
I have had no luck with NZ Post enquiry.
The seller has had no luck
I really want to find out why it took so long when I had paid for Air Mail if there is a refund available I will take it
but Canada Post is so hard to contact I will try your suggestions and see what happens.
But it could be a case of no tracking, you got your goods, good bye.
Thanks

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Piko
Canada Post suspended all mail guarantees during the pandemic.There was a period where Canada Post was holding a lot of mail for foreign countries to see what would happen.Remember that your country went into a complete lockdown mode.I doubt very much that you will get any type of refund as they did suspend any guarantees of when the mail would go through.I was not able to send mail to certain countries for a period of time as Canada Post would not take it.I sent a parcel to Australia which took over 3 months to arrive via airmail during that time.No reason just that it will get there when it gets there

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:

I really want to find out why it took so long

Worldwide Pandemic, that's all you need to know.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As far as I know Covid was not an issue .
As I had purchased the item earlier and paid for it ; the seller replied that at this time there is no Air Mail services from Canada only surface .
I replied ok hold the parcel until it is able to be delivered Air Mail,
Late June I was advised that Air Mail services from Canada had been resumed and it would cost X amount but XXXX amount for tracked I chose X as tracked was very expensive and my parcel was dispatched Jul 2,
It was cards.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It sounds as if it might have been sent surface mail after all.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
At least it arrived

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in the old days when all postal rates were lower and more planes were flying, we sent a lot of paperback books around the world. "Special Rate - Surface" was really cheap, something like US$1.40 for less than a kg.

We learned quickly that "small, friendly, well-sealed" packages would end up being put on the airplane even if the surface rate was paid, and delivery would be in less than a week rather than 3-6 weeks that was typical for surface.

I haven't heard any reports that this still happens. Postal services are losing money with their regular and junk mail and try to come closer to break even with international and other special services.

Here right now, most "regular" mail has been shut down for about a month. All we get delivered is bulk rate and junk mail. I had a small package dispatched regular USPS and it took a month to arrive.

Tracking shows that the delay seems to be at the local distribution center. Amazon packages come through just fine because they transfer to the local post office from a different hub. That's probably also true for junk mail. It's a good thing that I can check all of my monthly bills online, because nobody in the area is getting paper copies.

Maybe by the end of the year I will finally get my Philly Show promos. Mad

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Promos arrived in UK

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Promos arrived in UK

I know where they are, five miles away from me in a USPS sorting facility. We have a quarter of a million people wondering when their mail will arrive.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Canada Post does not issue refunds on regular mail services like Small Packet Airmail. The only service they will issue refunds for is Xpresspost if it does not arrive in time, but since the pandemic Canada Post has no guarantee time services and has cancelled refunds due to it. One customer paid for Xpresspost to China for $89 and it took 3 months instead of 10 days. The parcel was stuck at customs during the pandemic and no mail was moving at all into some countries until the lockdown or restrictions were released.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post