Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Suggestion for Rittenhouse Re: Bond Autos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestion for Rittenhouse Re: Bond Autos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I see on MSN today that all 6 of the Bond actors, including Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton, will be attending a special 50th Anniversary Bond party in the UK sponsored by EON Productions this fall, around the time of the premier of the new 007 film.

Steve, you should try to get yourself an invite to the party, to get Sean and Tim to sign autos for a Rittenhouse set ! Or how about a card signed by all six 007s ? I guess we can dream.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for the day all the songwriters and singers of the Bond themes are put on autograph cards.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I'm still waiting for the day all the songwriters and singers of the Bond themes are put on autograph cards.

Nice...that would be a neat set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to the idea of maybe getting an auto from Ralph Fiennes or Javier Bardem! Either of those would be epic.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems that Sean Connery, in his old age, is feeling nostalgic about his Bond days. Just a few years ago, he voiced Bond in the "From Russia With Love" video game and said that he had a great time doing it.

Perhaps one day, he'll sign some cards like Roger, Pierce, George and Daniel have ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would be brilliant to imagine getting a Connery or Dalton autograph. Not sure it would work to just walk up to Connery and ask for his autograph at the 50th Anniversary event though. If the news is true that Connery will be attending this event, hats off to the man, as I gather for health reasons he is quite reluctant to travel back to the UK these days - which I can well understand, given his age.

And X, I'd love to think that we might get a Ralph Fiennes autograph because regardless of being in a Bond or not, he's a fine actor in his own right. However, given he was one of the few actors (along with Robbie Coltrane, funnily enough) to systematically refuse to sign cards for any of the Harry Potter films, I feel almost certain he won't agree to Bond either. May it not be so....but I'm not getting my hopes up. I rather like the idea of an Albert Finney autograph though. Now there's a real legend whose autograph I wouldn't mind having.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

Nice...that would be a neat set.

First one will be in this set as steve got Nancy Sinatra to sign . A pretty nice start cant wait to see the card design for the singers.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's one auto I MUST have!

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
Would be brilliant to imagine getting a Connery or Dalton autograph. Not sure it would work to just walk up to Connery and ask for his autograph at the 50th Anniversary event though. If the news is true that Connery will be attending this event, hats off to the man, as I gather for health reasons he is quite reluctant to travel back to the UK these days - which I can well understand, given his age.

And X, I'd love to think that we might get a Ralph Fiennes autograph because regardless of being in a Bond or not, he's a fine actor in his own right. However, given he was one of the few actors (along with Robbie Coltrane, funnily enough) to systematically refuse to sign cards for any of the Harry Potter films, I feel almost certain he won't agree to Bond either. May it not be so....but I'm not getting my hopes up. I rather like the idea of an Albert Finney autograph though. Now there's a real legend whose autograph I wouldn't mind having.

Connery's agent announced a while back he would be retiring from ALL public appearances so if he makes it to the 50th party I would be very surprised. That said, the optimist in me says that he may want to be there for his own posterity, he ensured the series success from the very beginning.
He has always spoken very well of the character, it was the thought of lining the coffers of the producers he didn't always get along with that really soured him towards the franchise. I think it's down to Wilson & Babs to help him bury the hatchet - money talks, and I'm sure for a film event as grand as this, the producers will 'throw him a bone' as it were. Still, I'll believe it when I see it - he gave the 40th Anniversary celebrations a big fat miss afterall.

Don't get me wrong RP01, I've no idea what an ac-TOR of Ralph's calibre has in store for SKYFALL, but on his past work alone - he is a must have. All actors are just people at the end of the day, but without wishing to sound sychophantic, he really is gracing film with his talent. If RA could get Brosnan (someone who had real animosity against the producers/series at one point) I'll hold out hope for anyone. Finney would be a great auto as well, though I'm far more excited at the thought of Javier Bardem - if you haven't seen No Country For Old Men, you need to!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i ed like to see another roger auto (full bleed) from for your eyes only,octopussy or view to a kill Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post