Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    CRYPTOZOIC, RIPOFFZOIC
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CRYPTOZOIC, RIPOFFZOIC
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Just got my response from cryptozoic about my concerns on paying £90.00 for 1 box of Walking Dead S3P1 that was missing a major insert, the reply was the usual mechanical, the cards in a box are random inserts. There is no guarantee of any number of cards in any amount of product you purchase.odds stated blah, blah, blah, absolutely no concern or remorse for ripping me off, more or less a thanks for your money and up yours.
Is it sour grapes on my part paying £90.00 for 1 costume card ? or is there more to it ? and as there ever been a bigger rip off box ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the box? There is a known problem with repack boxes for Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1 being sold originally without watermarks on the plastic so easy to tell its been repacked now they have added them to the wrapping when others questioned it.

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I recommend just buying singles from the higher value boxes like those, the kind who's prices are inflated even over the already high suggested retail price from day one.
It's almost impossible to get your money's worth from them.
Sorry you had this experience, chief.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Was the major insert missing or was it never guaranteed in the first place?

If it was missing they should replace it but if it was just pot luck if you got one or not then that is the gamble you make when you buy a box.

I can fully understand why you would be upset though, I know I would.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The ratio they've published is 1:24 for Autographs and Wardrobe cards. 24 packs / box = 2 hits.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The ratio they've published is 1:24 for Autographs and Wardrobe cards. 24 packs / box = 2 hits.

Sadly, I think the box erroneously states 1:12 for autographs.

I find it hard to believe Crypto is just telling you to go scratch. Usually they ask you to submit the empty box/wrappers/receipt and they'll do something to rectify the issue.

Perhaps the auto-reply was to the problem you selected, but someone will be getting back to you with further info in a day or two?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Usually missed hits are replaced if you bother to file a complaint, just as a matter of good will, and also to keep people from posting threads with titles like this. Big Grin

In the fine box print I think stated odds are just odds and nothing is guaranteed in stone. I have had boxes from various manufacturers that were short a hit, the same as I have had a couple of boxes that had an extra hit. Not as many extras as there were shorts of course. Wink

Anyway, I opened a box of Breaking Bad from CZE and found a sealed pack with one base card in it. I had to post that to the box break thread because I thought it was dumbest thing I had seen in a long time. The pack was so wafer thin, no quality control should have passed it.

So maybe that's the whole problem.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Someone from Cryptozoic should respond to these concerns, collectors who buy the products deserve better.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, how many card sets has Crypto actually released so far this year ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Out of curiosity, how many card sets has Crypto actually released so far this year ?

Nine so far.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If it is not too much to ask, can you please list the 9 sets so that I can make sure I did not miss any ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
If it is not too much to ask, can you please list the 9 sets so that I can make sure I did not miss any ?

I know of 8 sets:
  • Archer Seasons 1-4
  • Vampire Diaries Season 3
  • Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2
  • Sons of Anarchy 1-3
  • Breaking Bad Seasons 1-5
  • Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
  • Adventure Time
I'm not sure what set I'm missing from the list.

Ender's Game is the 9th.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
On a similar note, I too am quite disgusted with Cryptozoic lately. I've purchased two different Big Bang Theory Season 5 Binders, received one replacement binder, and ALL THREE have been defective. The rings are misshapen, don't close securely, and in each instance the top 'ear' has broken off rendering the entire binder useless. The first time it happened, my online dealer replaced it out of his own stock. I bought another binder and the exact same thing happened to it - and to make matters worse, the replacement binder broke as well. So I decided to contact Cryptozoic customer service some time ago. After a couple of weeks I get an oddly worded email asking me to send the 2nd defective binder to them via FedEx and that was a month ago and I haven't heard a word back from them since. My followup emails don't get answered and the tracking info never comes up. Personally, I'm about fed up with Cryptozoic and will no longer support any of their products until they came demonstrate some reasonable level of customer service to address issues that I and others have experienced.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed that Jeff Allendar's site lists all of the 2014 sets except for Ender's Game. When did that come out ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed that Jeff Allendar's site lists all of the 2014 sets except for Ender's Game. When did that come out ?

It was out last week. Surprised there has not been more coverage or breaks. I know the movie was out ages ago and did not do very well but I think I am right in saying this is Harrison Ford's first on card auto and the rest of the list contains some up and comers such as Hailee Steinfeld and Asa Butterfield.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many autos did Ford do for the set ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
How many autos did Ford do for the set ?

It's approx. one in six cases so I would say 25 or less. Apparently the card has the characters name spelled wrong Roll Eyes and there are several spelling errors on other cards Shake Head .

The Ford error is rather appropriate as the characters name is Graff and it's been mis-spelled as Gaff Big Grin !

posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic = greedy greedy cheap company just my opinion and Topps is not any better - long live Rittenhouse and Enterplay

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I think I am right in saying this is Harrison Ford's first on card auto

He had on-card autos in Star Wars Chrome Perspectives, albeit via redemption but they've already been shipping.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
- long live Rittenhouse and Enterplay

Don't forget to include Breygent. I think their one of the most honest and value added companies out there!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post