Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Ragnarok?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Good luck with a Master Set Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Would really like to know all signers instead of "among the signers".

Did you read to the bottom and find the checklist? It's all there.

Yep, read the whole thing. The checklist part is the base set and above is the ratio of premium hits.

The part about the autographs, which is what I look for, reads as follows:

"Among the signers is the film's lead star, Chris Hemsworth. Other autographs include Tessa Thompson, Rachel House and Taika Waititi."

Now I get from your responses that it means that's the whole list, only 4 people. However that's just not how I read it. When you say "among" and "include" it makes me think there are others not listed, whereas saying "all other autographs are . . ." would have clarified it for dolts like me.

Plus UD, with stickers, can find only 4 signers. Really?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was scrolling through the RAGNAROK offerings on E-Bay, and the incredible prices asked for the autograph and material cards. So glad I quit this nonsense. I love the cards, but there is no way in Hades I can spend that kind of money anymore.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Would really like to know all signers instead of "among the signers".

Did you read to the bottom and find the checklist? It's all there.

Yep, read the whole thing. The checklist part is the base set and above is the ratio of premium hits.

The part about the autographs, which is what I look for, reads as follows:

"Among the signers is the film's lead star, Chris Hemsworth. Other autographs include Tessa Thompson, Rachel House and Taika Waititi."

Now I get from your responses that it means that's the whole list, only 4 people. However that's just not how I read it. When you say "among" and "include" it makes me think there are others not listed, whereas saying "all other autographs are . . ." would have clarified it for dolts like me.

Plus UD, with stickers, can find only 4 signers. Really?

Not sure if you did click on the "Autographs" tab next to the base set tab and saw the whole Autograph list!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Not sure if you did click on the "Autographs" tab next to the base set tab and saw the whole Autograph list!

Yup, you're correct, there is another tab. Good news, some more creator autos, bad news the 4 stars are pretty limited by the numbers. Got a couple of these boxes coming my way, so will post the breaks when I open.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
We just bought Thor Ragnarok on Blu-Ray today. We bought the Walmart exclusive that comes with 2 packs of Upper Deck cards. Our sealed Blu-Ray only came with one pack of 5 cards but they are cool.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
We just bought Thor Ragnarok on Blu-Ray today. We bought the Walmart exclusive that comes with 2 packs of Upper Deck cards. Our sealed Blu-Ray only came with one pack of 5 cards but they are cool.

I just bought it too and got only one pack.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:

I just bought it too and got only one pack.

I wonder why some of the Blu-Rays only have 1 pack when the box clearly states "2 Packs of Collectible Upper Deck Thor: Ragnarok Trading Cards"?

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to see a scan of the cards back/front if different from the Hobby version please?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Credit where due to Upper Deck...

I received a package with:
1 Triple Wardrobe to replace a damaged one.
1 Single Wardrobe to replace a missing hit
2 Dyson Cards and A Single Wardrobe to make good on a box with NO hits.
A few insert cards along with the hits.

Yes, I had to jump through some hoops, but nothing too bad.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No point in starting a thread for cards not made, but why didn't UD do anything For "Thor: Love and Thunder" when they had a set for "Thor Ragnarok"?

It's a rhetorical question, I don't know either, but they still have the Marvel license, right? They already had sticker autographs from Waititi, Hemsworth and Thompson before and Ragarok was probably a bigger risk of a flop at the time than "Love and Thunder" was now.

So why not a set? Did Ragnarok cards not do well? Is UD scaling back on Marvel, even though its supposed to still be fairly hot? The only mention of UD that I see on NSU's upcoming schedule is two Spider-Man releases that are both down as Summer 2022.

As a card collector, two of the things I hate is the lack of information coming in after cards are released, titles just seem to fade away, and card makers who never explain why they do something one way and then reverse it the next time. Everyone is left to form their own theories, but just like X-Files, the truth is out there. If only someone would talk. Big Grin

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
If you recall, Thor Ragnarok came out many months after the release, even after video release.

Since the studios don't want to share plot points and images before release, UD does not get to start on a set until it's already out.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a set of some sort. But things are so behind that we're literally talking a year before this one could possibly release.

UD is a mess in both sports and entertainment, with titles that were supposed to come out in 2021 still not released.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
UD is a mess in both sports and entertainment, with titles that were supposed to come out in 2021 still not released.

Ed

I can believe that. I think every one of what we used to consider the hobby's mainstream card manufacturers are now either in flux, in outright disarray, or just out of business. Small press shops are rising in limited fashion, but that isn't as replacements for any major players.

I don't think card collectors have a good idea how much the business landscape is changing yet or how that might affect what they want to collect and what they can get in the coming years. I see it as a restructuring of the system.

That's not saying the card hobby is dead at all. There are too many old cards out there already not to keep everyone occupied if they adjust their goals. But I feel radical retail production changes are coming, even if they are not officially here yet.

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
quote:
but why didn't UD do anything For "Thor: Love and Thunder"

They did an 8 card weekly e-pack set, but that's long since passed.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post